Options

Vacu Flush Issue away from dock

TonyATonyA Member Posts: 92
My Vacu Flush works fine while at the dock but when we take the boat out it won't pressurize. Tried leaving the dock with it on and with it off until we anchored. Light is green each time but then after first flush, nothing. Won't pressurize again. When we get back to the dock it takes hours of turning it of and on again before it pressurizes. ???????
2008 Rinker 400EC Longport NJ

Answers

• Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    If you can hear the unit trying to create a vacuum but not then I would look at the duckbill valves. I had a similar issue and that fixed it. 
  • Options
    But I don't have the issue at the dock. It is pumping out on the hook but wont pressurize.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    The vacuflush is 12Volt. So, only thing that makes sense is house 12V drops too low.  This could be due to a bad connection or bad house battery?  I'd think you would notice other things too.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    That make sense. If its weak maybe it's not pumping fast enough to create the suction then when back at the dock the battery charges up fully and it works. I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    As Dream & Dutch said above:
    Sounds like a 12V problem 1st. Not enough juice on the hook.
    If you haven’t done any recent repairs on the vacuflush service parts…it’s probably time.
    Duckbill valves, new pump bellow & vacuum switch. Parts aren’t expensive. Definitely wear items - designed to be replaced.
    Post edited by mattie on
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current