Options

320 Water in V Berth Sleeping Area

Hi……anyone have an issue with water coming in on 320 near windows in V Berth sleeping area?  Tightened all of the window screws but still coming in. Carpet wet under the mattress.  Wondering if water could be coming in from another source. 

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check bow rail bolts and nav lights. I had water coming in where the bow rail met the deck next to a nav light. Resealed both with 3m4000uv and my cabin has been dry. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    John41John41 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I had the same problem in my 342. It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I sealed the bow rail screws and pulled the rub rail off and sealed those screws too but neither worked. I fixed the problem by removing the caulking from the outside of the window and putting new caulking. 
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    On my 310 I had to re-caulk the oval port windows from the outside between the stainless trim and plastic insert. Also check the joint between upper and lower hull sections. Mine had separated. Another place could be the bow hatches with the water making its way on top of the headliner to the sides. Good practice to re-bed them every 5 to 7 years anyway.  Good luck. Never fun chasing leaks. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    On my 2013 EC 310 there was a cabin leak that was a pita to find. Kept applying water outside higher and higher up the hull until the leak was found. Culprit? The windshield. Must have been hangover Monday for the installer: missing screws with pre-drilled holes, screws only partially tightened, screws at an angle. Removed all screws and re-caulked everything and re-torqued all new ss screws. No more leaks. Have also had a leak at the shore power inlet.