Options

Table leg for outside table

apdcopapdcop Member Posts: 23
Hello, I am looking to buy a new table leg for the outside table.  I have bought a few on the internet and none have fit.  all of the legs that I have bought fit the table but have fit sloppy when I put the leg into the boat.  

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Patrick

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take the table top and screw off the post mate from the floor, and give it to an aluminum metal worker (company) to fabricate the leg. They need both ends as the fittings are taperred. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    or get a new fitting for the floor 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ this
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made one once out of pvc pipe. It worked ok for a small 18” plastic boat table but would be too flimsy for a larger one. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    CUSTOM:

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The leg is tapered for a tight fit. @Michael T found the part number for the leg a while back. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I need that! The table base location is stupid. 

• Options
    YYZRC said:
    I need that! The table base location is stupid. 

That's exactly why I did it. I was able to shift the table so both benches could actually eat off of it, AND it cleared the main walk way.  Just take my picture to anyone that handles aluminum. They'll have it done in no time. Mine took like 1 day and cost me just under $100 (I honestly didn't care about the price at that point ... I knew it was a small job, and it needed to be worthwhile for the company).

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I am planning to make a table and install the base under the table offset to one side. I will also put a wedge under the base so that the table sits level - right now the table slopes to stern big time. 

I love the Four Winns teak tables. Not too heavy and no stupid cup holders!

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to cut a pool "noodle" down to fit inside your table leg, particularly if its used on the transom. I always do. use a box cutter to split the noodle lengthwise then cut enough off one side of the length to close it and slide it into the leg. If it falls overboard it will float or at least give you enough time to get it.