Options

AC Size for 1990 300 fiesta vee

Hi there,
Ac went so looking to replace it. But there is no BTU size listed on it. Marinaire's calulator is calling for a 1600 Btuh, seems very big. So looking to see if anyone would know what the boat came with, or recommandations.

Thank you

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    The 16k BTU was the standard size for the 342.  I found an ad for a 2006 320 with a 12k.  Here in the mid-Atlantic, I wouldn't go smaller than 16k.  You're farther north, so maybe 12k would work for you.  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend up-graded the AC unit in his 342 (I have posted pictures of it on this forum before) with an 18K BTU when his 16K died. He loved the difference - never iced-up again and it was the same price as the 16K.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put a 16k btu in my 28 footer as mermaid air suggested a 9k btu last year.  From about 9pm until 8am she would do just fine.  My 2859 has more glass and cabin space than many 30 ft boats.  

Im located in the deep south, so far south that "the family guy" references my state very often. If day time temps were rarely over 85 and water temps were below 70 the 9k btu is recommended for up to a 30 ft boat power.

Id also suggest a 14 to 16k btu unit based on my experience. 

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the reason to ever install less than a 16k in any boat unless size is your constraint?  The cost difference is minimal.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay