Options

FV 342 Shower Sump replacement

DanWDanW Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
Hello. I have a 2002 342 and my shower sump is going bad. It has the Attwood 750 in there now which I believe is the original. I would like to install a new box and pump so that’s what I am referring to (not just the pump).  I read a couple threads on here from a few years ago and it seems people either replaced it with the Attwood 750 or 500. First, should I expect any issues with going with the smaller pump? Because I think I’m going to have trouble fitting the 500 box in there, much less the 750.  I don’t know how people squeezed the 750 in there. The threads I read were a couple of years old. Maybe the boxes have gotten bigger since then. Anyone replace theirs recently and have any suggestions?

I found a shower sump box from Whale Marine that looks like it would fit. However, I don’t see any retailers for them in the US. They are a UK company. 

Thanks,
Dan
2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
1998 Regal 2100 LSR

Comments

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I was able to fit the 750 in my 2000 340 FV.  I don't know if the location is exactly the same as your boat or not.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    If anyone comes across this thread, I thought I would say what I did to fix it. I was able to fit the rule 500 gph pump in the existing box and reuse the Attwood switch. It wasn’t the best fit, but it seems to be working. I’m still going to keep a lookout for a new sump box that will fit in that small space. Or if I really feel ambitious someday, maybe I’ll build my own. 
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW I tried that Whale sump for my ‘03 342.  Did not fit. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks Black Diamond. I won’t go searching for a us distributor then. 
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR