Options

Speakers with LED install

Just bought JBL Club Marine speakers with LED's. 

https://www.jbl.com/marine-audio/CLUB+MARINE+MS65LW.html?dwvar_CLUB MARINE MS65LW_color=White Gloss-USA-Current&cgid=marine-audio#start=1

Need to fish through power to each speaker due to the fact the speakers have LED's.  Just wondering who out there has tackled this project (attach pics if possible) and what LED remote controller you used ?
I do not want to have to manually switch which RGB connection I put on my battery so was thinking of the fusion controller listed below ?  Any experiences with this controller are also appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PT77X75/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Just finished a big stereo redo on our boat. Can't speak to the JBL's or fishing power wire. Had a pro do that work.

But, did use the Fusion RGB wireless remote. It works perfectly. Have backlit LED's installed on JL 7.7" cans in the arch & 7.7's up in the bow. 

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    mbnarneymbnarney Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I just installed Kickers with LED lights. Don't have any pictures. I changed all the deck lights to LED and then jumped from them to the LEDs in the speakers. In my 270 with the speakers out and removing anything that allowed for me to get my arm in there it turned out to be pretty easy. From port to Starboard I opened the hatch and pulled it through there. I went with a single color so I didn't have to concern myself with a controller. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    edited July 2021
    I would go with a controller that is RF, not IR.  It will work a lot further away, you won't have to point it and be more reliable.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    edited July 2021
    Full stereo with LED lighting and wiring details covered here:
    https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/9558/complete-stereo-rebuild-on-a-rinker-370

As @Dream_Inn said -- definitely go with an RF remote.  

Call it juvenile, but I love having a remote with a dial wheel that controls LED color for all lights in the cockpit.  It's a wow-factor that I didn't expect.  We've had no end of fun turning the lights red and calling them infrared heaters, then blue and calling them cockpit coolers.  It's comedy gold ... never fails.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    LaRea said:
     it juvenile, but I love having a remote with a dial wheel that controls LED color for all lights in the cockpit.  It's a wow-factor that I didn't expect.  We've had no end of fun turning the lights red and calling them infrared heaters, then blue and calling them cockpit coolers.  It's comedy gold ... never fails.  
    Do you use yellow for when nature calls?  :D
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    Just sayin', when I turn the LEDs red, I have had guests literally hold their hands up to the speakers to see if they are putting out heat.  Comedy gold.  

@kennydalglish that Fusion remote would definitely do the job.  The 4-conductor LED wiring is tedious but worth it.  
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep the Fusion remote is RF. 
    2.4GHz.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    kennydalglishkennydalglish Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Ok,  thanks for all the input.  Went with the Fusion remote and although 4 speaker hookup ran to controller and batteries was a pain it was worth it.  Love the color wheel.  Now I want to go boating at nighttime instead of daytime.