2003 282 Captiva

GarfishGarfish Member Posts: 2
I am new to this Owner's Club but have had a 212, 232 and 282 Rinkers. I bought the 282 Captiva brand new in 2002 though it is a 2003 model. It has the 6.2 engine. The boat has sat for 5 years when I had health issues. I then retired and left Illinois for Florida. The battery charger for the dual battery set up ceased to function. I had pulled it out and sent to Schumacher in Champaign, Illinois where it was rebuilt with warranty. I recently turned the boat over to my daughter and husband who took it back to Illinois. They have reinstalled the charger in the boat. Here is where I need a diagram to wire correctly. It appears to only charge one battery and not the both of them. I do know the terminal block in the charger has a connection for one negative and a Bat 1 (pos.) and a Bat 2 (pos.) and in fact had it wired this way with on my garage floor when I bought 2 new batteries. Worked perfectly for months. However, when installed, it appears only one set of leads for battery. There are 3 wires to be connected to the terminal board. A red, a red w/blue strip and black wires. The boat is 1000 miles away for me to see, plus it was 5 years ago when I removed. Is there diagrams or any insight? 
Thanks for any help! 

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum ... which model charger do you have?  There might be a set of fuses at the terminal board, and maybe one of them blew or failed.  
  • GarfishGarfish Member Posts: 2
    There is a set of fuses there! What I need is a diagram to give my son in law to hook it back up! I am a 1000 miles away!
    Thanks, 
    Gary
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garfish said:
    There is a set of fuses there! What I need is a diagram to give my son in law to hook it back up! I am a 1000 miles away!
    Thanks, 
    Gary
    Can your son in law get a picture? I am 30 minutes north of Champaign. I would be willing to help out if needed. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!