Windless stopped working

paparuxpaparux Member Posts: 4
Im new to boating. My windless was working fine, then just wont work. I’ve check the breaker, wasnt popped, but i popped and reset, still nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks

Answers

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Have you checked to make sure the chain or rope isn't jammed in the gypsy?

Also have you checked the breaker back at the battery panel? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • CnCCnC Member Posts: 142 ✭✭
    What model is it? Maybe putting up a picture might help another member diagnose it? Ours quit working first time out. I think the part is called a Fleming (ours was plastic) and I managed to recreate it with a piece of aluminum stock and a file but as soon as I inquired online someone with my model knew right away and save me the hassle of trying to figure it out. This forum is full of really experienced folks who are more than willing to help out. Our boat would still be on the dock sitting had it not been for the knowledge and advice of the people here several times. Good luck, hope it's an easy fix for you @paparux
  • Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    This is the location of other circuit breaker on my 03 310
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What model/year Rinker do you have?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • paparuxpaparux Member Posts: 4
    2004 Rinker 342 fiesta vee
    the back fuse was popped. I did reset , but still isnt working. I will check for a jam in the gypsy 
    thank you all for the help, very much appreciated.
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could also be a bad windlass solenoid. It’s located in the anchor locker. Do you hear a click sound when you press the foot controls?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Probably a long shot, but when mine quit working I pulled the back panel where the breaker is to test for voltage. When I put the probe for my multi meter on the back of the breaker I saw the washer holding the wire move, tightened up the nut and it’s been working fine ever since.