Options

2001 rinker fiesta vee 270, versus 2000 fiesta vee 310

i'm looking at one or the other... will primarily be a day boat on a large lake in Charlotte nc.  Occasional overnight sleeping.  what's y'alls opinions of these 2 models?  new to cruisers so any info anyone can share will be a great help.  thanks! 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Oh boy, there is a huge difference between the two.  If you are primarily dayboating, then the 270 should work well.  But it also depends on the number of people you plan to have out.  I used to own a 310 and loved that boat.  With a generator, there's not much more you need!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    I to have a 310 and love it. You will appreciate the 11’ beam. Much steadier side to side when the wake board boats start stirring up the lake 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy both. The 270 would make a terrific dingy
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro's 
    270 single motor 
    You can trailer the boat
    Less cost to run
    Very good day boat

310 twin motor 
    11 ft beam more room for company 
    If there us a genny life changer
    Your friends will think you have the best boat in the world.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I really think both boats are among the top in their class of boats. 

The 270 would be cheaper to maintain. 

Boating  lake Norman? Lake Wylie?

Wasn't the 270 reported with some issues  of a swim platform being too low im 2001? That's the only known issue I found with the 270 when I was looking into one, later models  addressed this issue but I cannot recall what year.   

Not an issue to stay away from if it is.  @Willhound can post some pics of the platform you would want on any 270.  Maybe negotiate it into  price bargain if its an issue. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with the 310 if it has a genny. If you buy the 270 you will want bigger in 9 months. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Go with the 310 if it has a genny. If you buy the 270 you will want bigger in 9 months. 
    I agree 100%. Having a generator totally changes the experience. You will have ac on the 270 but won’t be able to use it unless you’re at the dock or carry a portable generator around with you. You will love the extra room on the 310!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2003 310 and like others said, size matters. I don’t have genny nor miss it.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    270's have a Genny option...just sayin

I love my 270, but do wish I had twins and tbe extra beam.
    Post edited by skennelly on
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    shines58shines58 Member Posts: 2
    thanks everyone!  leaning towards the 310, but there isn't one nearby, would have to buy with just a survey/inspector report and then get it shipped to NC.  any thoughts or advice on that process???  THANKS MUCH!!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/mount-holly-37-foot-cruiser/7362483176.html

A 342 for 60k.  Im not sure if you'd be interested in a slightly bigger model but factor in hauling/broker fees it might end up being the same price in the end depending on where you're finding the  310.  Not much more for 3 more ft of boat at the marina. 

Hence my previous question of your boating grounds  (Wylie or Norman)

Mt holly is right between the 2.  It might be possible to get to your lake destination under your own power.  

Several  guys here can tell you step by step how to lower the arch...I think the trick is several strong dudes. 

I'm right down hwy 85 from Charlotte.  I've purchased a few boats up your way.  
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to see the boat in person. Sure there are plenty of stories of people buying with just a survey but I would never ever spend tens of thousands of dollars on a boat that I have never set foot on. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the 330 based on just the survey (including the surveyor participating in a sea trial). It depends how much you're spending. In my case the price was low enough to take the risk. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the 270 and perfect for me and my family...and it does have a genny also which was a must when I shopped along with a couple of other features...great weekend boat...wife and I spent a week on it with no problems but your not doing that with kids, just no room to store stuff...two motors, double the maintenance and many on here have had transom issues...like not enough transom for two motors, have no idea. I absolutely have to have a boat I can trailer, to many places to go in Fl to be locked into one spot, your location may not matter. My wife actually told me this week to shop for a bigger boat and have not even searched! I would add if your attracted to the single motor I don't think there is a brand out there with the layout and the beam in a 27' boat comparable.