280EC Stock Transducer Location/Water Leak

Squatch68Squatch68 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
Hey folks,

Anyone know where the stock transducer is located in the 280ECs?  Mine is an 08.

Have water coming in the bilge from somewhere. Definitely have a drip from the upper swivel shaft (unfortunately) but not enough to account for the rate of water I am getting in the bilge. Methodically going through all potential sources now but can't find the transducer to look at it. I assume I am just not able to contort my body enough to see it!

Jim
Post edited by Squatch68 on

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The transducer is on the port side of the boat, under the engine towards the rear of the boat. If you follow the bilge pump line, you will go right past it. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your garbord plug. Could be leaking at the threads or around the assembly. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Squatch68Squatch68 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    The transducer is on the port side of the boat, under the engine towards the rear of the boat. If you follow the bilge pump line, you will go right past it. 
    There it is! Thank you.  Water appears to all be coming from the transom. Swivel shaft is definitely a source of it but I'm not able to track down if there are other sources. I vacuum out all water and I can watch it drip fairly quickly at the small cubby hole at the drain plug. My fear is the transom assembly of course but I can't figure out the leak path.  Boroscope was inconclusive. 
  • Squatch68Squatch68 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Check your garbord plug. Could be leaking at the threads or around the assembly. 
    @YYZRC we must have been typing at the same time lol. It's definitely from the transom area and leaking down. I saw a little water pool on top of the exhaust Y manifold that attaches to the transom assembly (the two grooves in the top of the Y where the two bolts are). Again I can't tell if it's leaking from there or if that is water running down from the swivel shaft.