Options

Thank you Google

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
So this goes into the category of "i would of never thought of that".  So my problem child was continuing to give me problems.  Not serious ones just annoying.  Basically after i was out for an hr or so it would pop up an alarm.  Alarm would go off every two minutes and all my gauges were normal.  Normal temps, pressures and no indications that there was anything wrong other than an alert.  So i get back to the dock.  Put the Rhinda scan tool on it and the only error code that was out of the norm was a 151 Fuel Relay code.  If you remember i had run that tank dry so immediately i thought i sucked up some junk into the fuel lines.  To be safe though i swapped the relays between engines and did some googling.  Found a pretty obscure post by a guy on another forum with exactly the same issue.  Took it to a mechanic and they even brought in mercruiser.   They took weeks to figure it out and finally came up with " unplug and reseat the CAN Harness".  I had been having issues with that anyway so i just replaced the harness.  Unplugging it didn't help.  i checked the wires and they were all seated correctly.  Anyway dropped in the new CAN harness and no more issue.  If i hadn't of come across that i would of been looking at a new fuel pump, filters, you name it. Thanks Google.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is google and U tube university...how did we do anything before the internet?  
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did it Ras but it took longer and back in those days you had carbed engines, adjusted our tappet lash with a step feeler gauges and kept a long handled screw driver to put against our engine block and then our ear to listen for strange noises. Life was simpler.