Hull out

brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
It's getting close to the time where my marina sends out the forms to schedule winter hull out and storage. Last season was my first time so I pulled it out late sept. but I missed out on a few good oct boating days. So my question to those in the mid to northern climates what's the latest you've kept your rinker in the water?
1994 300fv "General Madness"

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I have a 'pull' dated mandated by my insurance. I've stayed into Oct. but by then the lake temps make for chilly rides (Lake Mich). Plus washing in 55F water is no fun. Unless we get an Indian Summer, late Sept for me. The trees are changing colors already here!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late sept. Winds are crazy in Oct.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    You're good till end of October in the mid-Atlantic. Fall cruises are beautiful with all the colors.

Don't worry about blips below freezing. The water will keep your boat at around 50.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have pulled mine as late as November 1st. We like to take it to the Steeler home games. I know of others that have pulled theirs out around December 1st. You have to watch the weather. If it is a mild fall, you are good. Early winter could spell disaster.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    We're intending on keeping ours in until late October. Our season is too short to come out in September....
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Well, I've had a boat in the water in the Chesapeake for the last 14 years.  I try to have my boat winterized by the first weekend in November.  I have waited until December, but find I enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with it all finished and under cover.

BTW, this is a terrible subject to be talking about already!  My kids are going back to school next week already!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Kids go back tomorrow :(  We thought summer was over.  In the low to mid 70's for the past couple weeks with 10' seas.  Then last week it made a big turn around and now they are predicting 90 by the end of the week.  So to the point...... when I was on the river I never pulled off until October so we could see the leaves change.  Now on Lake Michigan we will probably be off by the last week in September.

• TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly irrelevant to when my northern rboc guys pull theirs but I finally re-launch for the beginning of our season down here around labor day. Havent used the boat since the memorial weekend broiler turned on. Its been a torrential monsoon summer down here too. Actually we're still getting pounded but I cant wait anymore.
    Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Sure. Rub it in Tiki :((

• seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Lake Ontario Toronto....we are scheduled for Oct 27 this year.   Doesn't leave time to get everything done....but really enjoy the late season, even if I have to run the heater.
  • vquadvquad Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    ^what tiki said^ :D

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    not to rub it in... ok rubbing it in. on the west coast most of us are still boating through the winter. 365. except the days are really short.... we have already lost an hour and a half of evening day light.... by dec its dark at 4.