Options

Canadian Border Open to U.S. Visitors

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
The following is for information only, not to start another Covid opinion argument. Someone had asked a while back about boating into Canada and as of this past Monday our border is now open...but with a number of hoops that make a day trip hardly worth it.
Visitors from the U.S. must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a valid U.S. residential address. Have to have both shots of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to crossing and have written proof of such. Must have written proof of a molecular level negative Covid test within 72 hours prior to crossing. Must pre-register using the ArriveCan app.
 Full details here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pb-pp-eng.html
And a heads up that two Americans that recently tried to cross using forged documents were fined $20,000 and banned from crossing.

For what it's worth, the U.S. border remains closed to land/water travel, yet oddly enough flying is ok??!!
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Whole border thing is weird. In recent months there was a big push by U.S border state governors to get Canada to open the border.

Canadian agrees & border opens up - U.S. doesn't reciprocate.

I don't get it.

Miss going over to Michigan to see family, boating, restaurants, cheap BudLight.
    Must be more to it.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we were in the Detroit area last month we heard a couple of stories about Canadian boaters coming across the river and putting around the marina's in the US. US Customs not only stopped them and fined them, but they confiscated their boats. I'm sure Canadian customs does the same. We made sure to stay in the middle of the rivers or on the US side to be safe.

I'd love to go to Pelee Island still this summer but we will not go. Better to wait until its fully open, fingers crossed we are all there next summer!!! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you are a Canuck, you can fly to the states?
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we were in the Detroit area last month we heard a couple of stories about Canadian boaters coming across the river and putting around the marina's in the US. US Customs not only stopped them and fined them, but they confiscated their boats.
    I think the confiscation part is an embellishment. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    So if you are a Canuck, you can fly to the states?
    My brother has been at his condo in St. Pete Beach for 2 weeks now. 

From the Wall Street Journal " Despite restrictions at the land border, Canadians are allowed to fly into the U.S., regardless of their vaccination status, if they present proof of a negative Covid-19 test administered during the three days before their travel"

He had just bought it 16 months ago but had to leave after 3 days because they were closing the Canadian border so he had to head home. He waited until now because it's only been the last 10 days or so that he could go down and then return without having to spend $3000 to quarantine in a government approved hotel for 3 to 5 days and then another 14 days at home. When he comes back next week he has to provide the same info as US visitors, show two shots, negative test and pre-register. But the he carries on as normal.
  • Options
    It’s just as easy to fly to Mexico and walk across. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    It’s just as easy to fly to Mexico and walk across. 
    Lol...this is funny but sadly a fact.  

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......and @Handymans342 you will also get a Joe Biden T shirt before crossing. 
  • Options
    Looks like Canadians can cross to the U.S. on November 8th if you have your shizznit in order.

• Options
    Flights to FLA booked for February. Hoping to spend a few days with @randy56 and do some fishing....if we can get the mixed vaccine fiasco figured out. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Michael T said:
    ......and @Handymans342 you will also get a Joe Biden T shirt before crossing. 
    I think all of 3 people have purchased one so far. They're all hopping the Haitians will take them at the southern border

• Options
    Woohoo!
    The U.S. says it will allow Canadians into the country who have received a mixed COVID-19 vaccine schedule, when the U.S. opens its borders to fully vaccinated travellers on Nov. 8.

• Options
    That’s me….mixed.

i’ll be able to pick up my Rinker gear at the parcel place that I ordered 18 mos ago.
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Me as well, mixed AZ/Moderna. Thanks for posting @Willhound , I hadn't heard.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Just announced last night. Still need the test though for flights. And for driving back. Don't need it to drive to US but for coming back in. Stupid.
  • Options
    Pack your bags for Florida Brian