Options

New Rinker owners any help/advise is appreciated and welcomed.

In March we purchased a 2000 Rinker Captive 232 CC and so far it has been a great experience. We really enjoy the boat and have learned a lot since the spring. I’ll say learning that Rinker was no longer a boat builder was a surprise but we’ve managed to get everything we needed thus far. So I’m just gonna throw my questions out there and hope that maybe someone can lead me in the right direction. 

1. We can’t locate the fuse box! Google told me to look behind the mesh pocket that’s in the CC, I can’t see any screws anywhere and pulled on it as hard as I felt comfortable concerned I was going to break something. The location would make sense because on the other side is the steering wheel and all the gauges/electronics but after a lot of looking, following wires, and looking for “hidden access panels” we have never found the fuse box. .

2. The slam latch on the door to the storage closet in the CC was made of plastic and broke the first time we ever tried to open the door, of coarse I didn’t know at first that it was a slam latch and with bigger more pressing fixes were addressed first. We live in Indiana but boat in Tennessee on DHL so our boat is stored there. Was wondering if anyone knew the size of the latch so I could order it and have it to install while we’re out on the lake for Labor Day. Measured it previously but I can’t find the dimensions.

3. Lastly we need to replace the covers that surround the CC windows on the inside, was wondering if anyone knew of a good source to get Rinker compatible replacement parts? I’m sure there will be future needs for other parts and was hoping to locate a good source. 

Thanks in advance for any advise/help that anyone might be able to offer, be safe and enjoy your waters!

Answers