Options

Vacuflush pump tune up?

mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
Just doing reg maintenance on pump. Noticed vacuum pump cycling too often.

Gonna put 4 new duckbill valves in - pretty straightforward.
Never done the bellows & O-rings before. Any tricks to replacing those? 

Fairly big job to get to the vac pump. Want to get it 100% & not have to revisit for a while.

(8 bolt Dometic/Sealand SW-12v motor.) 

mattie
246BR, 276BR, H310BR current

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be that you just have to replace the seals at the ball valve for the bowl.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113

Bowl holds water well, doesn't leak down. Imagine it's just the duckbill valves failing. 6-7 yrs old. But I may do the bowl seals too.
    Figured I'd do the other stuff at the motor since I'll be folding my bod up in the hull side.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following mine cycles about every 15 min for about 5-6 pumps. Did duck bills and bellows, bowl holds water for days. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 865 ✭✭✭
    If your vacuum pump  cycles more than once in 3 hours you have a vacuum leak.
     I can leave my boat for 5 days with the pump shut off and on return the pump does not cycle when switched on. See attached as where to look assuming the bowl holds water.

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grahamu said:
     I can leave my boat for 5 days with the pump shut off and on return the pump does not cycle when switched on. See attached as where to look assuming the bowl holds water.

Same with mine
     I turn the switch off for the week, come back and turn on, nothing. I always look in the head for the green light because I keep thinking it’s not working.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grahamu said:

Thank you will do this weekend.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Grahamu said:

Same with mine
     I turn the switch off for the week, come back and turn on, nothing. I always look in the head for the green light because I keep thinking it’s not working.
    Wow, had no idea those Vacuflush systems can be that efficient. This is our first boat with that vac system. 
    Ours cycles prob every 15min. Has to be the DB valves or O-rings/bellow. Water in bowl is good, never changes.
    I'll tighten clamps on the waste water hoses too when I'm in there. Guess they could be leaking as well.

On the to do list.