Options

Camper Canvas for Hardtop 340/360 EC

YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
Question for those of you with 340/360s with hardtop.

Does the angle of the rear canvas prevent you from enjoying the aft most cockpit seat? 

I see so many Rinkers with the hardtop extended with canvas - is this necessary?

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
Post edited by YYZRC on

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael T I think your old boat is the top pic. Did you have any issue with the canvas? You modified everything else…!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be willing to bet that sitting in the aft seat in the top pic your head does touch the window, but you don’t have to hunch forward. That’s how my boat is with the same setup. 

I like the bottom pic, would make the area feel so much larger and more comfortable. I’d like to do that at some point but the admiral isn’t sold on it!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Interesting. I've seen lots of 360s, only a few 340s, and never with that modification. I certainly would not think it's needed. Nor would I want extra canvas to deal with. It is the one thing that annoys me the most on Sea Rays. Like they are too cheap to build a bigger hardtop!  I guess for some, like Raybo, it'd give you the best of both worlds.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Dream_Inn FINALLY!!!! lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    I'm wrong about many things.  Everyone is allowed to be wrong about something.  @raybo3 is wrong about hardtops!   :)

@YYZRC my aft canvas is at the same angle as that first photo.  The transom seat is the best seat in the house for listening to music, so I often wish the canvas was vertical.  But I've never been tempted to add a canvas bump-out.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    No I am absolutely not wrong. Again it a matter of personal preference. There really is no right or wrong. Hardtops work for some and don't work for others. My whole point on hardtops is that it's disingenuous to tell someone that its a must to get one. Jeez this subject is getting old...lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    LaRea said:
    @YYZRC my aft canvas is at the same angle as that first photo.  The transom seat is the best seat in the house for listening to music, so I often wish the canvas was vertical.  But I've never been tempted to add a canvas bump-out.  
    You just need a 400. Seat is fine in back with no vertical canvas. Too bad, I knew where there was a nice one for sale, but sold.😁

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express