Options

Cabin door rail? in 310 EC

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
I having some issue with my cabin door rail getting real hard to close or open the door. So i am wonder if anyone  replaces the bottom rail of the door and where do you order the repair parts, plus  how can i removes the door out of the track. any ideas will be appreciate. thx

Comments

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    Have you tried lubricating the track?  Previous owner smeared grease in mine and was a pain to open and close. Someone here suggested WD-40. Cleaned the track of the grease as best I could and sprayed with WD. Big improvement 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    If you haven't cleaned it, first take your time and clean it over and over until all the black is out.  Could take an hour or longer.  Then use some type of silicon spray.  I've seen really bad doors slide much easier after this process.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    i will do a deep cleaning this week. thx
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe spray it down with some Purple Power to loosen everything up. Let it sit for a few minutes then hose it off. Wipe everything down and see how it works. Lube as a last resort because dirt will end up sticking to it.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with @aero3113. I soaked mine with purple power and then hosed it out real good. Repeat about ten times. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    If you “hose it out”, where does that yucky water go?
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Into the cockpit.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I used a dry spray lube with PTFE
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been down this road. .on the 270 there are some small screws and I certs for the bottom slider but- probably don't need to fix it. On mine anyway, I noticed that the screws that hold the bottom track were lose so I got in there and fixed that! Door would not move. The track which should be flat is mounted on a hull that is curved..so some more stretching and some washers I got it leveled out and works much better...
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Been down this road. .on the 270 there are some small screws and I certs for the bottom slider but- probably don't need to fix it. On mine anyway, I noticed that the screws that hold the bottom track were lose so I got in there and fixed that! Door would not move. The track which should be flat is mounted on a hull that is curved..so some more stretching and some washers I got it leveled out and works much better...
    This might be my issue. Door is hard to open or close at times for the last 6 inches. I'll take a closer look. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My old 242 cabin door was very hard to slide. I removed the screws holding the bottom track and it opened and closed without any force. The track still stayed in place without the screws.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Ras said the bottom track can be off in relation to the bottom of the sliding acrylic door. My 2014 EC 310s door was pa pain to close until I adjusted the bottom track and I believe there were some what are referred to as "trucks" or sliders on the bottom of the door. I think mine were black. Anyway when I finished adjusting it closed to fast I to put some clear door stops like you use on kitchen cupboards on the frame as I was afraid someone would shatter the door - so, yes you can certainly adjust that door and track.