Options

Trailer Value

What's a 2005 Magic Tilt 2005, 11,000 lb, 32 foot, new tires, new spare, all new Kodak disc calipers, working lights, fresh greased bearings worth? I just cleaned all rotors and all new calipers and pads. Recarpeted bunk. Model 28110.

Comments

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    This is from NADA. You can finish filling out the options and see what it says. Hopefully, it will give you a ballpark idea of the value.
    https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2005/Trailers/32-Feet-Tandem/32005322
  • Options
    Stever00Stever00 Member Posts: 145
    NADA site didnt ask if it was Aluminum, galvanized or painted. I'm sure Aluminum is worth lot more.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $3500  ?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I just bought used MagicTilt 28110 model Aluminium trailer. 32 foot, 11,000lb cap.
    Priced a new one in Florida at one of those trailer places and it was over 10,000. That's some pretty high aluminum.

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torsion or leaf spring axles? Torsion are far more valuable to salt water guys. 

Its a sellers market.  Id start at 5k and let them talk me down. 

Plenty of boat buyers want to trailer home for the winter. 
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I just got a quote from Loadmaster in Ohio for a channel steel trailer for our 25' 7600lb boat and it was $8500. We currently have a 2016 Venture aluminum trailer but I'm about 300lbs over GVWR on the trailer with about 1/2 tank of fuel. Trailer has a rating of 7250lbs (trailer weighs 1300lbs). I weighed it on the CAT scales this spring with 1/2 tank of fuel and everything loaded as it sits on the water and it was 8860lbs. Doubt it would cause any issues for only a few times a year and maybe 50 miles/year but would rather be safe and was curious.
  • Options
    Rick it was torsion axle trailer. My boat is only 24 foot and 4800 empty by online specs. Was gonna put my boat on it. Guy had 26 foot boat on it he said so I thought it would be close to mine. He never pulled it himself or new much about it since his boat was at marina. I was surprised when I got it home and seen model number on sticker. 11,000 lb., 32 foot, 16 inch 8 lug wheels, titan surge with electric reverse lockout. I could put two of mine on it. Guess I need bigger boat now. Lol!
  • Options
    oops...the point of my post above was that my 2016 Venture was about $4500-5000 new. It was bought just before we bought the boat so was brand new when we got it so not certain what it cost but that was the ballpark. Figuring it's worth maybe $3000-3500 now
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing about a boat that holds any value is the trailer!
  • Options
    Squatch68Squatch68 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    I have a new galvanized steel trailer on the way. Triaxle, bunks, 12, 000 lbs capacity, up to 32 foot boat. Was 8995 Canadian, plus taxes. Same size aluminum is going for 14,000 to 16,000 Canadian, plus taxes.
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I plan to order a new Venture aluminum I beam trailer next week , 5000lb dual axle, brakes VATB 5225 . Quoted $4400CDN plus tax. I was expecting between 6 or $7000 pre tax. My old trailer will sell for around $2500 in todays market.
  • Options
    I plan to order a new Venture aluminum I beam trailer next week , 5000lb dual axle, brakes VATB 5225 . Quoted $4400CDN plus tax. I was expecting between 6 or $7000 pre tax. My old trailer will sell for around $2500 in todays market.

I currently have the 2016 VATB7225. GVWR is 8525lbs but when I weighed mine with 1/2 tank it was 8900lbs. Doubt it will be an issue, especially if I tow with the fuel tank almost empty. Aside from that the only issue I have had with the trailer is the blue wire that locks out the trailer brakes when backing up was pinched. From the factory they smashed that wire between a large washer and the trailer frame. Worked fine the first few times I towed it but then one day went to back up my driveway and it wouldn't move. Found the wire pinched and the insulation worn through. Aside from that I have not had any issues or complaints.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    @rasbury is right.  The only part of a boat that doesn't lose value so long as it doesn't rust out from under you is the trailer. 

I considered getting a professional survey of the boat before purchase but being that i paid less than 20k for the boat (pre covid) it would have been a waste of cash.  The trailer,  in my opinion, was worth well over half what i paid for it .  

5k axles (wish it had 16 inch wheels for heavier duty tires)  and 13.5k load rating.

Electric over hydraulic brakes on 2 axles. 

• Options
    I just emailed Venture for a quote on a new trailer with the proper capacity for our boat. Not saying I'm gonna buy one but I would feel a little better knowing the trailer would be safe. If we take a long trip I'll just leave the fuel tank empty. That should put me only about 200-300 over GVWR. But if I can sell mine and buy the right one for only and extra $2000 or so then might be worth it