Options

WTB 1995-2006 232 swim platform

Looking for a OEM swim platform for a 232 captiva.  Ive checked with great lakes skipper but they dont have one. I would much rather stick with the OEM platform as i like the looks much better the the aftermarket ones.  If anyone has one that they want to sell or know of where one might be let me know.  I do believe 95-06 232 platforms are the same so any of those years should work.
Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Good luck. The only way to get your hands on a OEM is to buy the entire boat with one all ready mounted on it.

• Options
    trvshondatrvshonda Member Posts: 5
    Ya they are tough to find now that rinker has shut down but use to be able to order them when they was open. Just figure there are thousands of 232 boats out there and someone has a platform somewhere just need to locate one.  Talked with someone from rinker today and she was checking around for me to see if any would happen to be around anywhere. 
    Guess i will just keep my eyes open for one and see if it happens. If not then so be it. 
  • Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Who did you talk to from Rinker? They have been dissolved since 2019. I bought mine from them before Polaris bought out Rinker.
  • Options
    ruggerole said:
    Who did you talk to from Rinker? They have been dissolved since 2019. I bought mine from them before Polaris bought out Rinker.

I emailed rinkers support page and a lady emailed back and looked into a few items for me and checked around.  Rinker is still doing warranty work on newer items but since this is a 2004 she said she doubts they have a platform for it.
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is a custom made one by swimplatforms . com.  
    In my opinion, it looks much better this way, than bolted underneath the rub rail. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:

Mine is a custom made one by swimplatforms . com.  
    In my opinion, it looks much better this way, than bolted underneath the rub rail. 
    ya ive seen that style as well but not a fan off how far off the water it is. The oem one flows with the look of the boat much better in my opinion.