Options

Vacuflush leak…HELP

tonystoytonystoy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
I made a few repairs to the vacuflush tonight. One of them being the ball seal. I cannot get the toilet bowl to seal at all! I have a brand new set of seals. I have checked five times to make sure I had the right seals that the website recommends. I have the thin seal with “this side up“ facing up. The thicker seal above that. The holes in both seals lined up with the pinpoint. Installed the half moon brackets so the front sides were touching and then tighten the clamp down. I must’ve done this 10 times and still have the same leak. What am I doing wrong?? Air show this weekend so it is extremely important I get this up and running! TIA!

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only obvious answer anyone not there with you could say- the seals are not the right seals. Those things are not rocket science! Find something else to help seal it until after the weekend and then sort it out!
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response @rasbury…Yes, I’ve checked my toilet model number with the seal part number a bunch of times. According to the company website, it’s the right one.
    I was thinking that too…if I have to, I’ll set it in a thick bead of silicone and clamp it down for this weekend. 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Is it leaking between the ball and the rubber?  Water is not staying in bowl?  If so, maybe ball has issues.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Sorry, I should’ve explained it better…it’s leaking from the split ring flange onto the floor. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Leaking water onto floor from the bowl thru the split ring?  Hmmm.  That may be the top not setting right on the bottom half.  May not be due to the rubber pieces.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    So I took the bowl off at least 5 times, made sure it was centered and tightened it back up. Every time…same result.
    How tight can you go with that clamp? I’m afraid if I go too tight I’ll snap the split ring flange.
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the bowl is not cracked. Take a close look to see if you can see any minor cracks 
  • Options
    Unless I cracked some thing while making repairs I don’t think there is but I will check. The toilet was not leaking at all before I started making the repairs.
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    I had same problem when I changed my ball seal.  Had to install half rings several times before it sealed.  Don’t know what I did different, but it finally sealed.  Seems very finicky, but good for 2 years now.  Perhaps coat seals with Teflon grease 1st?
  • Options
    I tightened the split ring clamp up about two more full turns and no more leak.
    I was just worried that I was going to break something…but now it’s all good! Thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    As stated in my above post, as of September 4 my seals were good.  Now they are not.  Tried the grease trick and still leak.  To avoid Tony’s problem and mine from last time, is there a prescribed way to install those half clamps?  Should clamps touch in front as Tony states (which makes it harder to reach screw in back), can it be reversed so screw is in front, should there be an equal gap in the clamps, does it matter???
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look on the two half’s there are arrows at each end. These ends should be at the front touching and the back will have a space. I’m pretty sure that’s the correct way. It may even say “Front” on it also.
    2008 330EC