Options

Trip Planning Software

kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
I had to replace my laptop and am having trouble re-installing Raymarine Voyage Planner.  Anyone have any suggestions for trip planning software that will allow me to plan a trip on my laptop and then transfer it to my chartplotter.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Navionics charts? If so, you can build routes on the iPad and then export (by email) to a SD card for chartplotter upload. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Yes I am, what is the name of the app that you are using.  Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I use the Navionics “Boating” app to build the routes and then email them to my laptop which has a SD card reader. Then I put the SD card into the chartplotter and import the routes. 

Honestly it’s a pain in the a$$ but I only have about 10 regular haunts so it’s fine. 

If you google it you will find YouTube instructions I’m sure. 
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    I also use Navionics to plan routes on iPad. My Raymarine has WiFi, so I can transfer routes and chart updates directly without using SIM card.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    edited September 2021
    I really wish Raymarine had not retired Voyage Planner.  If anybody knows a Windows-based product, I'd like to try it.  

Not looking for bells and whistles -- just an easy way to edit my existing routes.  
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 865 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC, what is the lat/long for Deep Apple Cove, I searched it but nothing but Apple pie comes up.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Grahamu I’m dying laughing. 

I call it deep apple cove because it’s a little cove next to Gweechewan Island where I dropped my cell phone overboard. Too deep to retrieve it. 

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 865 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC, that explains it, I'll add it to my list of places to check out next year, thanks.😂
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    I use the Navionics “Boating” app to build the routes and then email them to my laptop which has a SD card reader. Then I put the SD card into the chartplotter and import the routes. 

Honestly it’s a pain in the a$$ but I only have about 10 regular haunts so it’s fine. 

If you google it you will find YouTube instructions I’m sure. 
    I have done the same. Fairly simple. Can also use Google Earth and save as a KML file and then a convertor program to GPX. I have a thread somewhere on here for both methods. Will have to see if I can find it.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Grahamu said:
    @YYZRC, that explains it, I'll add it to my list of places to check out next year, thanks.😂
    Come to think of it, I also lost my stern anchor in that same cove. The name is getting a bit cumbersome.