For Sale - 2001 Captiva 232 Cuddy Cabin

ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
$25,000 firm
2001 Rinker Captiva 232 CC
5.7 EFI, Bravo 3
Matching factory tandem axle trailer with new tires/wheels and spare
Electric brakes
Trim Tabs
Full camper enclosure in great condition.
7" Garmin GPS/Chartplotter
Ship to Shore VHF
Portapotty
12V to 120V inverter.
New factory extended swimplatform with Aquatraction mat on platforms and walk-thru.
Alpine stereo system with 2 Alpine amps, Stern mounted remote with handheld remote, (6) 6-1/2" and (1) 10" sub.
New snap-in carpet in main cabin.
New gimbal ring in 2020
Well maintained, 2nd owner, fresh water only.
Hard to find a nicer 2001 or more well equipped anywhere.
Pictures attached are not the most current but its what I have at the moment. Better pictures to follow...

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Well, they say the 2 happiest days of a boat owner are...you know the rest. But that's not true for me. I may be selling my 232CC. Not happy about that but it has to be done at this time. So I will be looking soon for another Rinker. This time I will be looking for a 276 CC or a 290QX if anyone has something coming in the spring.
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    That is a nice 232. Someone is going to be very happy with it.
  • Options
    yes they will. I had someone look last night. Almost bought it but decided he wanted a survey. That is happening Friday. I know it will pass with flying colors. Now to keep my eyes open for a 276CC or 29QX
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    ruggerole said:
    Now to keep my eyes open for a 276CC or 29QX
    Good choices for a future boat...
    Looks like by the pics - lotsa good memories on that 232. Still see lots of them around.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome boat.  I absolutely love mine.  So yours has the standard 5.7 efi ?  Not the 350 mag?  What is the horsepower on the 5.7?  The 350 mag is 300.  Good luck on your sale! I wouldn't let mine go for $25k
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    We love our 232. Great boat.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    Awesome boat.  I absolutely love mine.  So yours has the standard 5.7 efi ?  Not the 350 mag?  What is the horsepower on the 5.7?  The 350 mag is 300.  Good luck on your sale! I wouldn't let mine go for $25k
    Yes the 5.7EFI 260HP. It runs about 52 WOT. Would have loved the 5.7MAG.
    It is being surveyed today. Have a buyer so it is pending. I know the survey will come in with flying colors. 25K is priced right with the lack of boats these days. Some people think its priced way too high but this boat is in pristine condition. I believe its priced right. It will be going to a new home tonight. Kind of a sad day since I really dont want to sell it. But need to. So I will be looking for a 276 or 29QX in the spring. I can only find one of each available currently. The 276 only has the 5.7 and the 29QX does not have a trailer. So the search continues...
  • Options
    OK everyone. I have a line on a 2012 276CC but it has the 5.7mag with Bravo 3 24 pitch. What is everyones thoughts on this size engine? Is it under powered? The owner says top speed is 45mph.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a 2013 276 cuddy with the 350 MAG and Bravo 3, which from what I've seen is the most common configuration for the boat. The big block was a $10k upgrade when ordered new, which is why I decided on the 5.7L.

I know its common thought that it should be big block or nothing for a 28 footer, but my experience is different. I don't know if its the hull design, the large trim tabs, or the weigh balance, but I am VERY happy with my engine choice. No, its not a race boat. It does 45mph top end and cruises around 28mph at 3800rpm (assuming I have to use some trim tabs). Mine has a 22.5 prop, so a 24P might cruise a little higher but get out of the hole slower.

It has never struggled to get on plane, even with 8 people and coolers on board. Was it instantaneous? No, but it did it without moving anyone around and without needing a ton of real estate. It'll pop on plane with a normal load in 3 foot of water without burying the prop into the sand.

I average about 2.5mpg overall, and could do a little better if I kept the cruising speed closer to 25mph. It'll stay on plane all the way down to 3k rpm, which is about 18mph, so its good for tubing as well.

Almost 450 hours on it now and I havent had to do anything than gas & go.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @ruggerole

276 boat is a great design. Works really well with trim tabs. Very predictable in most water.
    I wouldn't hesitate with either power pkg. More of the issue will be to find one in the first place. 

We lucked out with our 2008 276BR. It was the factory demo boat for the new hull design that year. (brochure boat.) It was loaded with arch, windlass, stereo upgrade, pump-out head, 8.1L & trailer. It popped up on our Rinker dealers' radar at a discount cause of the demo title. - bought it sight unseen.

To be honest, for pure function & ease of use....I prefer the 276 to our current boat.
    Our current boat is super nice, but overly complicated.

276 was really intuitive.

Post edited by mattie on
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    ruggerole said:
    OK everyone. I have a line on a 2012 276CC but it has the 5.7mag with Bravo 3 24 pitch. What is everyones thoughts on this size engine? Is it under powered? The owner says top speed is 45mph.
    I would say it would be doable with that configuration.  My 232 with 350MAG has the 24 pitch bravo3 props, but I am at higher altitudes than most.  48mph is about my max, but rarely seen.....I cruise it very efficiently at around 28mph.  
    I would say worst case scenario, if it is a little underpowered, you could go with new Hill marine props, and wake that puppy up!   Good luck on your purchase. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Funny how comfortable cruise speed is always 27-28mph. Regardless of motors or boat.
    Personally, top-speed is meh....no need for it. 

Hey, have at it tho if you're a speedfreak.

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    mattie said:
    @ruggerole

276 boat is a great design. Works really well with trim tabs. Very predictable in most water.
    I wouldn't hesitate with either power pkg. More of the issue will be to find one in the first place. 

We lucked out with our 2008 276BR. It was the factory demo boat for the new hull design that year. (brochure boat.) It was loaded with arch, windlass, stereo upgrade, pump-out head, 8.1L & trailer. It popped up on our Rinker dealers' radar at a discount cause of the demo title. - bought it sight unseen.

To be honest, for pure function & ease of use....I prefer the 276 to our current boat.
    Our current boat is super nice, but overly complicated.

276 was really intuitive.

Your sentiments are alot of why I havent "upgraded" yet. I am so comfortable with everything on my 276 and know exactly how it reacts to any situation. It doesnt have the high dollar options yours did, but I get along OK. Still havent found another boat that combines space, efficiency, and cost as well as it does. I just wish they made a 376, same layout just 50% bigger everywhere.

And yeah, they are really hard to find right now. I cant believe how much money they command too. I paid $59k for mine (plus tax), so I've probably lost only $10-15k in 9 seasons!! Thats unheard of when buying a new boat.

Lake_Bum said:
    ruggerole said:
    I would say it would be doable with that configuration.  My 232 with 350MAG has the 24 pitch bravo3 props, but I am at higher altitudes than most.  48mph is about my max, but rarely seen.....I cruise it very efficiently at around 28mph.  
    I would say worst case scenario, if it is a little underpowered, you could go with new Hill marine props, and wake that puppy up!   Good luck on your purchase. 

If its a Bravo 3 with the 4x3 props, I dont know how much the Hill Marine would really benefit. Maybe a little more stern lift, but more drag? I dunno.

If it does have 24P on it, I wouldnt react too negatively if its a little slow out of hole. My 22.5P runs 45 mph at 5200 rpm, and has never over-revved. A 24P would add maybe what, 2-3mph, at the expense of time to plane and minimum planing speed.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    @JoeStang
    “And yeah, they are really hard to find right now. I cant believe how much money they command too. I paid $59k for mine (plus tax), so I've probably lost only $10-15k in 9 seasons!! Thats unheard of when buying a new boat.”

Same here, paid $78K CDN new in 2008. Traded it in 2018 for $55K. Good value….crazy really.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like the 5.7mag is ok with this size boat. I have the 5.7efi in my current 232CC with 26 pitch Bravo 3. It tops out at 52mph with the 26 pitch. I know that the 5.7mag has about 40 more H.P. and the boat weighs more. Now my problem is getting to New York to look at it. Its about a 10 hour drive from the Detroit area. Anyone near Greenwood Lake New York?
  • Options
    @ruggerole take @JoeStang on a roadtrip with you. lol.......

• Options
    mattie said:
    @ruggerole take @JoeStang on a roadtrip with you. lol.......

Lets go...