Options

New to me 2008 rinker 276BR

Just bought this 276BR and need to know a few things. It came with the factory aluminum ARCH and can the arch tow a tube? multi person tubes? wake boarder? skier? appears a rope can be attached where the anchor light is on top of arch. the rear speaker do not work on the stern seating area, what should i check first and where? what are all the acc rocker switches for? they just say ACC on them. factory radio only works with key on position is this normal, it seems it would run the engine hours up?
the front anchor on the windlass is pretty small and the river we visit has a strong current what is the recommend size for this boat? can i put a bigger anchor on? what type of anchor works best for sandy bottoms and using windlass?

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!

Radio with ignition key on:  yes, it's normal.  It will not run the engine's hour meter.  It <might> sometimes run the hour meter on the Faria tach if that's what you have.  

The ACC switches are spare switches that are usually not connected to anything (unless a past owner connected something).  
  • Options
    For anchoring -- any anchor will benefit from adding more chain.  The weight of the chain will help the anchor bite.  You just have to make sure the chain is the right size for your windlass.  The size should be stamped into the side of each link.  
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Had that same boat new in 2008. Great boat.

Do not tow any tubes by the arch. Skiers, boarders etc are fine with the arch.
    Use the stern tow eye down at the swim platform for tubes.

Our factory windlass & Lewmar Delta anchor worked perfect in sandy bottoms & stiff current. Believe that boat had at least 30ft of chain rode to start with....

As far as ACC switches & speakers - 13+ year old boat. Just start picking away at it. Almost for sure have to start replacing stereo components if it's all still factory install stuff.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For checking for speaker function i always find removing  said speaker and hooking  a known good speaker in place is very easy and quick. If the known good speaker doesn't work you have a wiring/amp/head unit issue.  

I love my delta plow anchor for the mud in our lakes.  I've never had a drag even with less than optimal scope.  

We used to pull  double tubers and double  knee boarders behind our 150hp 17ft bass/ski boat. Great times, I have a feeling you won't have any issue doing that. 
  • Options
    @FeelinNauti
    Post some pics of the new boat!

• Options
    FeelinNautiFeelinNauti Member Posts: 14
    So i measured today there is 30ft of chain and im guessing about 100' of rode. How can i tell if the rode (rope) is still good ?
  • Options
    Check the end of the rope where it attaches to the chain.  Sometimes they get chewed up by the windlass over time.
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Nice looking boat. Like the triple axle trailer.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Very nice!! Just like a 226 but all grown up!

mvn
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Awesome boat. one of my fav pics from our 276BR back in the day....