Hello, I'm thinking of buying a 2012 leftover Rinker 310. Anyone have a 2010-2013?

Getting rid of my 07 Sea Ray 290 SS. Wanting a over nighter  that is still sporty. Any info from actual owners would be greatly appreciated . Really   like the layout. Never had a Rinker and don't want to be disappointed. Thank you

Answers

• RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I have a 2008 rinker 330 loaded if your interested. 99 k
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    There are a handful of the newer 310 owners on this site that I'm sure will chime in.  I used to own the older style 310 for about 7 years and loved it.  The newer style is really a great layout with a lot of style.  Welcome to the forum!  (I too owned a Sea Ray before my last two Rinkers)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• joesautosjoesautos Member Posts: 3
    What equipment and how many hours?
  • MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I have a 2011 310EC. Do you have any specific questions. Overall I really like the boat although I have never owned anything else this size.
  • joesautosjoesautos Member Posts: 3
    Well thanks guys. I did not have a 2010-2013 310 rinker to look at within 5 hours of me. I really liked the layout but wanted to see one first. I ended up buying a 2008 Sea Ray 330 496s, bow thruster, 235 hours, grill, TV's, freshwater, one owner. Thank you again
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Blasphemy... You blasphemer...

Hope you enjoy your boat, though... I don't want or need anything above 24', for the purpose of coastal boating in shallow sounds, so that is all I scouted while shopping.. the biggest thing I learned is a boat is only as good as your quality of care for it, that said, I looked at several sea rays.. four of the five had soft decks in places.. I could see the owners face(s) when I found them, and knew they knew I just wrote their boats off..

The thing about that is I'm not sure that's a previous owners fault.. I guess it could be argued, but all of them? ... Now, in fairness, it seems to me the bigger the boat the more attention is paid to quality control, and the less likely a builder is to let something pass by.. its strange, I've seen more jetskiis with blistering gel than I have larger hulls from the same maker... Maybe in that case, they are made in different factories, but I don't know...

I'm pretty silly when it comes to details when I buy something.. I looked at many makes in the same class as what I got.. four winns, chapps, crownlines, a few dual consoles by various makers.. I bought the first and only rinker I looked at.. 85% of the decision was because of the condition the previous owner kept her in, but the 15%, at least, is due to the quality of the build and the fact there were zero structural problems, and no failing mechanical problems that couldn't be quickly, cheaply, and properly fixed in an afternoon.. much of that has ti do with how it floated off the assembly line.. :-)

I'm very happy with my floater, and I hope you are with yours.. brand loyalty is for suckers, by my reckoning.. also by my reckoning, though, reputations are earned, and not bought with marketing.. rinker has a good one.. sea ray does too.. if it wasn't for those soft decks, I'd be a new member of a sea ray forum, but those things worried me..

There is likely a heavy percentage of members here that wish I had bought a sea ray, I'm thinking... :-D
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We like ya here Drew!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • strickstrick Member Posts: 6
    joesautos said:
    Well thanks guys. I did not have a 2010-2013 310 rinker to look at within 5 hours of me. I really liked the layout but wanted to see one first. I ended up buying a 2008 Sea Ray 330 496s, bow thruster, 235 hours, grill, TV's, freshwater, one owner. Thank you again
    Curious to know how much dinero that set you back.  I am in a similar (but slightly smaller) target boat market & always like to know what they actually sell for versus asking price.  Thanks for sharing, PM would be fine if you don't want it published.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Hey Drew why would you say that "There is likely a heavy percentage of members here that wish I had bought a sea ray "? You bring a lot to the table here and  have helped a lot of the members here. BTW IMO SeaRay is a very overrated boat for the $$$$$$$$$$$......... Again just my 2cents.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if there is fiberglass laminated wood construction, it can indicate a failure of the casing and absortion of water into the wood... it can indicate a separation of fiberglass and stringers due to failed glue, and wearing due to movement.. no matter how its caused, it aint good..