Anyone looking for a 410?

earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy what the market has done. Two years ago you couldn’t get $130k for that boat. I know of the same FW boat going for $99k back then. Now $150k aint too bad!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• John41John41 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I saw it this morning. It would be a very nice upgrade from my 342. Lol
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Axius, no thank you.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Michael T said:
    No Axius, no thank you.
    No 410s made with axius. Am I the only one that actually loves the challenge and enjoys docking without a joystick??

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    No Axius, no thank you.
    Can not have a joystick with a v- drive.

2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Doral has V-drives and handles very well. It took a bit to get use to it( extra set of handles). 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I am v drive with a bow thruster and have no need for a joystick. Im fine driving my boat and the thruster gives me the added boost when needed. I’d buy a joystick boat if the boat I liked had one but definitely not a requirement. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

edited September 2021
    @reneechris14......how true - then that would be twin drives or pods with Axius. Unless a boater has used Axius or a like product (Dock Assist etc) they haven't a clue what a difference it makes over thrusters - especially on more challenging days when thrusters over heat and trip - a common event where I boat due to windage.

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    We have a club member with axius and he was having issues with it being unpredictable, turned out to be the GPS antenna it uses for position. All I could think of was the Westport Yacht malfunction when they were fueling. This was a brand new boat fueling to be delivered. 

https://youtu.be/UPA2y-WcmX0
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    We have a club member with axius and he was having issues with it being unpredictable, turned out to be the GPS antenna it uses for position.
    Interesting you say that. Never had a problem with our Axius until last weekend. Used it to back out our slip, turn and head to the end of the fareway. Got to the end and twisted the Axius joystick for a right turn -- and nothing. Kept going straight - right across to the other side of docks. Quickly switched over to the throttles and used those to make a quick pivot in place to face the correct direction. Once I got under control I tested it and no problems coming back to the dock later in the day. Now I'll need to keep my eye on it.
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Depending on the age of the system they did have a gos update in like 2014. Mine has the update.
    My system also has a centering function for the drives when you 1st fire them up 
    If you hold the wheel when starting the motors it throws off a wheel function error and the Axius will not function.  That start procedure will also render the sticks useless. Ask my how I know on both of those situations.....
    I wouldn't have a boat without the Axius system now that I own one. The control it gives you is amazing. Cross winds are not really a factor at this point. With that being said you still need to apply common sense and good judgement when docking.
    The skyhook function is also nice to have when setting fenders and lines before docking

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    The boat I am speaking of is also a Formula and I think close to the same year and boat as yours. Still hasn't got a replacement GPS antenna as they have none to sell to the public. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    That stinks. I know I needed a poppett valve a few weeks back and there were none to be had anywhere. I have a few friends that work at Formula and they were able to sell me one 
    The lack of parts availability it awful in this market. And if you need someone to fix it for you that's an even bigger issue
    Axius had 25,000 hours without fail after pre-market trial. Three things can confuse it: Holding the wheel during start-up, having one of the GPS "pucks" too close to a source of electrical interference or not having a "clean" electrical source as on a battery with a bunch of other accessories on it. Mine were on the dedicated starter battery for my generator. On the last EC 400 built by Rinker the Axius was on its own dedicated battery. Yes, I agree if you have ever has Axius, Dock Assist or the like you would never want to do without.