Options

Is your Hardin Gen 7 sea water pump leaking? Pump rebuild/exchange service ...

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
If your Hardin Gen 7 sea water pump is leaking water from the drive shaft, contact me and I'll rebuild it for you.  Or I can send you a rebuilt pump in exchange for your pump.  

The price will depend on what you need and how soon you need it.  You'll pay parts, shipping and a small labor fee.  It will be cheaper than any commercial rebuild service, and cheaper than replacing the pump. 

If the pump is leaking, it means the seals have failed, and water is getting into the bearings.  You should stop using the pump immediately to avoid damaging the drive shaft.  (I can replace a damaged shaft, but it costs more and takes longer.) 

Send me a private message here on the forum.  

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    edited September 2021
    I was the first customer.  Very happy with the prompt service!👍😁

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Hey I just wanted to publicly thank Chris for saving the day with a quick and effortless pump exchange.   Chris reached out and offered a fix for me without any hesitation.   
    A few email exchanges and I was back to boating.  

Hardin seems to know they have some sort of design flaw because they have redesigned the gen 7 pump labeled as a “ gen 7 plus”.  They were sort of helpful but not really knowing I only had just a few hours on this pump and it should not have failed so quickly.   I guess it’s a gamble.  

But thank you, by far the best boat page with the best people as always.  
    Happy and safe boating 
  • Options
    I was happy to help out a fellow Rinker owner!  It was a direct result of Allen Waggoner "paying it forward."

@Alswagg is a former member who led development of the Rinker 342 back in the day.  A few years ago, after I started rebuilding pumps, he sent me a pump with a leaking bearing.  Told me to keep the pump as a spare, and wouldn't take any money for it.  I rebuilt it, and that's the pump I sent you.

I do really miss having @Alswagg here.  What a great guy!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good reminder as we move into another election cycle this forum is about boats! I think we lost a few...
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is still on the two Facebook pages that I am the admin for. He only responds when asked. What is unfortunate is that all of his comments on here were deleted. They were a wealth of information. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg - glad to hear he's still active in the boating community.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Cableguy Greg  Al hasn't logged on in a little over a year but none of his comments have been deleted. There are almost 3K of them still on the site...... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    @Cableguy Greg  Al hasn't logged on in a little over a year but none of his comments have been deleted. There are almost 3K of them still on the site...... Just say'n
    I tried to look at some the other day and they wouldn't come up. Maybe it was the connection on my phone. That's why I mentioned that above. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options

This is what I get...

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    That's his profile. Search for a topic that he commented on and his comments should still be there. It says right in his profile 3007 posts
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    When I click on discussions, that is what shows up. When I click on Comments, only one shows up. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I am searching also and having a hard time. I see every deleted comment and post. How the heII could he delete his posts without me knowing. If a post gets deleted it goes into a "Change Log" that I have to clear on a daily basis. I would have remembered 3000 posts from him........... I will look more into this. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also cannot see any of Al’s posts. The only hope is when someone quoted him. 

I didn’t think a user could delete their posts completely. I know you can edit and delete the content, but I didn’t think you could delete the post itself. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    If a user deletes a anything it goes into a change file that I have to clear out daily. Every time you delete something I see it as I can also restore it. I would have seen 3000 of those. I am not sure how or what is going on with his. I will try to figure it out.
  • Options
    This offer still stands: If your Hardin pump is leaking, I'll send you a rebuilt pump.  You can do a same-day swap, then send me the leaking pump plus a rebuild kit.  No labor charge ... you pay only parts and shipping.  

The rebuilt one that I have "in stock" has the black OEM pulley, not the billet pulley.  
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boat neighbour has gone through 2 pairs of Hardin Gen 7+ pumps and his starboard pump just started leaking. He called Hardin and said he was done. Hardin agreed to take the pumps back and provide a full refund.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Wow, that's interesting @YYZRC.  Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    The feedback here has put me off them, I’ll stick with the OEM.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/