Options

2007 276BR battery selector switch questions

This is my 4th boat and it seems the dual battery switch is not hooked up right or at least not how i have wired previous boats. On previous boats you had to have the battery selector switch at least on in 1 battery position to have most items work. So did some investigating on boat today and found that with ignition off and battery switch off, here are the electrical items in the boat that still turn on: Galley pump,engine hatch,cockpit lights,blower motor,windlass,horn,swim light under platform,anchor light,nav lights,trim switch for stern drive on throttle,lowrance gps unit, docking lights, cruise control unit.

Whats the point of have dual batteries and battery selector switch if everything is already getting power ? Did previous owner do some re-wiring? Is this normal Rinker boat wiring?

Previous boats I had I wired the battery selector switch this way:
Battery 1 = engine start and power to all onboard electrical needs
Battery 2 = stereo and any electrical needs like galley pump that may be needed while anchored in a cove,charge port for iphone and maybe a 12volt socket to inflate tubes and such. nothing else

Prior to this boat I ran other boats with with battery selector switch in "all" position and when anchoring in a cove and just wanting some music would switch to battery 2 after turning off engine.

Any thoughts? Tips? Wiring diagram?

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a previous owner f'd with the wiring.  Shouldnt. be to hard to fix.  Sounds like things are wired straight to the switch.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    You have the On - Off - Combine switch, correct?

With my 276 the only items that still have power with the switch to Off is the: bilge pump and radio memory (just to not lose presets). Definitely dont have power to the stuff you listed, so previous owner must have moved some wiring?
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    FeelinNautiFeelinNauti Member Posts: 14
    Found the problem the battery selector switch has open circuit so when in off position its still actually giving power to the boat, easy fix new battery selector switch