how to remove the microwave on board a 2004 342

The microwave on my '04 342 stopped working. I determined the 110v plug came out of it's outlet, but cannot get it plugged back in without removing the microwave.  How would I do that?  Thanks in advance!

2004 Fiesta Vee 342 "It's All About Kelly"
Tagged:

Answers

• mrkstrmrkstr Member Posts: 4
    I think the microwave is screwed to a piece of plywood under the microwave.  Then the plywood is screwed down by screws that come up into the plywood from underneath.  Do you have a small storage space under the microwave?  Check the top panel there to see if you can access a couple of screws.  Once you back them out, the microwave should move a little. 
    I forget what we did next.  We may have had to remove the trim around the front of the microwave to get it out, but I wouldn't swear to that.  You may be able to saw through the screws holding the microwave to the plywood.  From there, you should be able to remove it. 
    You may have to take out the coffee pot or at least move it a little to unplug the microwave and plug your new one in.  At least, that's how my 330 is wired.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are three machine screws that hold that whole upper cabinet to the lower. Remove those and the few that screw into the aft wall of the galley. The whole upper part will slide out enough to get in there. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI