Lost power to trim tabs on my 342

I know when I did it and I held the switch to long, so are there fuses and breakers that aren't in the couple of obvious places?

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the breakers under the dash, there are no in-line fuses on my 2003 342 for the tabs.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • scottb3200scottb3200 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I know this is a old post
    But am new here same thing happen to me on my 320 so can you trip fuses by holding down trim tabs too long
  • Captain_RobCaptain_Rob Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I too have 320 with only power to 1 tab any help would be helpfull
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could have a bad actuator. Cracks/leaks will kill one. I had this happen...replace both if one is bad, the other is probably not far behind it.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I agree, if only one went bad, it's probably the actuator.  If both went bad at the same time, probably something else.  The actuators are pretty simple to replace (did one on a friend's boat a couple weeks ago).  Make sure to use some 4200 when sealing back up and take the upper plastic mount off so you can get a good new seal around the cable.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I am not crazy about the Lenco tabs. Electric motors in water does not do it for me. I have replaced mine a number of times. I only get about 2 years out of them. I am changing over to Bennett hydraulic tabs. .
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Hummmm..... since 2006 no issues.... hope I am not jink'st. ..
  • explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Go to lenco's website and get the trouble shoot guide. It is the only way to know what is actually wrong, There are many reasons why they might not work. I love Lenco and when I did have a problem they were great with helping me diagnose and they even sent me a new part for a 5 year old boat for free. 
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC