Toilet Upgrade

I Have a 2000 270 FV I would like to update the toilet and possibly get away from pumping waste out and water in by hand pump. Has anyone done this and what did you use?

Comments

• brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
  • Tide1onTide1on Member Posts: 6
    looked into doing the same thing, the same money to buy a whole new toilet with pump then just do the conversion.
  • pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    The conversion kit is VERY easy to do.......

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• themaniam1themaniam1 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I converted from a pump to the Jabsco electric flush.  I did not have the space behind the toilet to replace the whole thing so I did the conversion.  It was really easy to do.  All I had to do is just run power to the head and then undo four screws, disconnect the water intake and install the new one doing the reverse.  About an hour job total.  While you are at it replace the joker valve too.

The electric flush have a built in macerator which puree everything and then sends it to your holding tank.  I like that because the chems work much better on smaller solids.  it is very noisey but worth it.  The admiral will never go back to the pump, also I have yet to have it clog!  Here is a video of my conversion flush after the install http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1tKWsnyB9g.  I made to to demo the noise level.  We now just leave a little water in all the time so only turn it to the left to flush.
    Post edited by themaniam1 on
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added a jabsco conversion kit. Was easy. Works well. We got power from the prewired vacuflush system.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"