Options

TV / DVD Model?

thmsmclthmsmcl Member Posts: 7
Would someone mind giving me the make and model # of the original issue "silver" TV/DVD combo on the EC's?  For some unknown reason the TV's on the boat I purchased have been changed out with something close to a Black&White Zenith.

They have the added benefit of having no remotes, which is really nice considering you cant access the DVD menu without them.  Actually Im not sure why I am complaining, as I now get great by pleasure watching 28 minutes of really entertaining previews before I can get to the menu.

I considered looking for a universal remote, however the only one I was able to find that is compatible with a 1960's clicker was for sale by a guy named Stu on ebay.

Stu obviously knows the gem that he has, as his price would have required me to sell said boat, thus negating the need for the purchase.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Comments

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I will be on our boat today.   I think we have the silver TV you are referring to.  I will note the model number.  Will post it if no one has already done that.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    browncbr1browncbr1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    If nothing else, you've entertained us with your post. Yea, I don't know where people get the idea of pulling a tv off upon delivery. They did that to me too. I got a small Coby LED TV/DVD combo for about $120 from amazon. Pretty decent. Wired the sound into an auxiliary input on the stereo. ;)
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would replace it with a flat screen tv/dvd combo. That way you can pick up off air broadcasts and enjoy the DVD player as well.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Here is what came with my 2006 342

Brokonic  Model CCVG1530

12v DC and for use with AD-25U AC adapter.

The date on the unit is Nov 2003

I would go with something newer as mentioned above.  I added a converter so it would get the new digital channels.  The audio is tinny so I run the sound thru the stereo if I want good sound.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to VivaLadeals or RoadTrucker on the internet. They usually carry a lot of 12v/110v tv/dvd models that are reasonably priced. You can now get slim line led tvs that use very little power and are quite inexpensive. Shipping is often free. You may wish to call the 1-800 number to ensure that the set is new and not reconditioned. I think these two sites state that their sets are all brand new.Take a look, I have heard good feedback from people who have shopped at these two sites. MT