Options

Low Voltage error and no start

pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Engine Discussions
Twin 377s with DTS & Axius

Both engines started fine.
Ran for approx. 1 hour
Dropped anchor for 30mins.
Starboard engine started fine.
Port engine - as soon as I turn key to on I get a 'Low Voltage' on my VV.
No sounds from the starter when trying to start.
I tried the Emergency battery combine switch, same result.
Ran the genny for 30mins to charge all batteries, still nothing.
I tested the Port starting battery voltage after a short rest from charging an got 12.6v, still no start.

Where/what should I check next?

Thanks guys

Comments

  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connections on batterie switch
    Boat Name : 

  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,654 mod
    What he said ... check all of the small wires connected to your batteries.  Check for loose terminal nuts, and also for faulty connectors (12V and ground).  DTS needs a solid power feed from the battery.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the battery breaker in the switch location. Make sure it isn’t tripped and the connection is good. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    LaRea said:
    What he said ... check all of the small wires connected to your batteries.  Check for loose terminal nuts, and also for faulty connectors (12V and ground).  DTS needs a solid power feed from the battery.
    Is the VesselView/Smartcraft powered by the 'Clean Power' or Battery main cable via the starter then engine harness?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,654 mod
    Each DTS module at the helm has a 40-amp power cable direct from a starter battery, with an inline fuse.
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Each DTS module at the helm has a 40-amp power cable direct from a starter battery, with an inline fuse.
    Is that different from the ‘clean power’?   I haven’t found any fuses behind the helm.  I just have accessory relays.  Do you have a photo of the 40amp fuses so I know what to look for.  Thanks 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I had a nut come loose on my stern port side breaker panel which had the VV reading only 11 volts. I don’t have DTS so the boat started fine but I kept getting alarms. 


    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    I had a nut come loose on my stern port side breaker panel which had the VV reading only 11 volts. I don’t have DTS so the boat started fine but I kept getting alarms. 


    That breaker panel is only thing I have never checked since owning the boat.  Did you find any corrosion in there or just a loose connection?   Thanks
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found several loose connections actually! No corrosion but I am in fresh water. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
Sign In or Register to comment.