Options

Review of season 5 on our Rinker 270

luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
Here we go with my 5th annual review of our 2006 Rinker 270. We are at a Safe Harbor marina in Portsmouth RI and boat in the Narragansett Bay, Sakonnett River and nearshore ocean destinations. Still loving our boat but I’m always on the lookout for something a bit larger. We had a major setback in June when the engine hydrolocked and had to be replaced.  We went with a long block and replaced the risers, manifolds and Y pipes at the same time. It cost me a lot more than I expected but I was appreciative that the marina was able to locate and install the long block in 3 weeks in this crazy covid timeframe. So we lost the first three weeks of July including the 4th. Oh As it turns out the weather was mostly lousy anyway. So we have a new engine now, and have it all broken in nicely. We did manage some overnights in other marinas and moorings and had a great summer nonetheless. She runs perfectly now and my confidence is excellent now for longer trips. The boat is holding up well, still shines nicely and is clean and everything works as it should. We have some very good friends at the marina and my brother and sister in law have a bit there too.  Oh, we bought a dinghy and motor too but didn’t use it much last year. Looking forward to spring and more adventures.  Still a lot of boat for the money and a ton of fun to drive. Here are a few pics from the season.
Post edited by luvinlife on

Comments

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    @luvinlife Great review.....care to elaborate on the hydrolock????

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! Yes I also agree a lot of boat for the money...size suits me ( and budget for the most part) and look forward to years ahead...
  • Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    Regarding the hydrolocked engine, apparently this motor had been worked on prior to my owning it. The cylinders had been bored. Time and salt had taken their toll on the passages inside the engine. It had not been winterized improperly. This is a raw water cooled engine, and I’m not sure how often it had been flushed prior to my owning it. I bought the boat with 400 hours on it and it failed with a little over 700. I’ve been flushing it literally every time I take it out now.