Options

DampRid Hack

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
A little late maybe for many that have already winterized, sorry, meant to post this a few weeks ago and forgot. "Oldzeimers" kicking in I guess.
I used to always buy the Damprid tubs from various suppliers to place in the boat while under wraps. Priced anywhere from $10 to $30 each depending on size. If you look up the primary ingredient it is simple Calcium Chloride.
A 50 pound bag can be had for around $20 USD, $30 CDN. If kept tightly sealed it'll last forever. Even if it sucks up some moisture you can simply bust up any clumps and it still works. I took a couple of small hardware store buckets and drilled holes in the bottom of the top one holding the Calcium so any water collected drains into the bottom bucket. Just like the Damprid buckets. I also drilled holes around the perimeter of the bottom bucket at a height where if enough water collected it will drain out and placed both buckets in the shower (this is in my travel trailer) or can be placed in a sink. It is highly unlikely the water will rise that high anyway, or you can leave the drain holes out and dump the bucket occasionally f you can get into the boat over winter.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments