Options

Bottom coat

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm putting our boat in a local marina for a month...300 bucks with power...not the point...100% fresh water with no bottom paint...am I ok?

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea except it will be a nasty project to clean the bottom after one month. I kept my 310 in the water for a summer with no bottom paint. I had it pulled every 6 weeks and I cleaned the bottom. Was a horrible couple of hours using zep toilet bowl cleaner but it was clean as new when it went back in. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boat has no bottom paint and sat in freshwater for almost 6 months. Cleaned up the bottom in no time with zero effort with Starbrite Hull Cleaner Spray Gel. Not cheap but worked awesome. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    That's what I'm thinking.  The river is dark because of cypress trees.  The far north of the st johns is brackish bit I'm more at the headwaters so it is all spring fed clean water. Heck, you all might be drinking it as it is bottled and sold from this area .  . So if you taste a little rinker in your mouth it was me!
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does Rinker taste like? I imagine it tastes like bad wiring and upholstery foam. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep in mind you are in WAAAAAY warmer water than any of us and growth loves warm water. My bottom would get nastier in August than in June. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    What does Rinker taste like? I imagine it tastes like bad wiring and upholstery foam. 
    Depends on who's boat. @javhav I'm sure his boat taste like champagne and perfume!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no bottom coat and I won't even begin to tell you how long my boat has been in the water. You shouldn't worry at all for that short of time. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    If your using it, just anchor near a sandbar every once in a while, get in the water and brush the bottom. 
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    DanD2 said:
    If your using it, just anchor near a sandbar every once in a while, get in the water and brush the bottom. 

Yep, I could see Ras, just rest the brush on that big log in the water to take a break too. :smile:  Oh, it was an alligator!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited December 2021
    It can get pretty cool February and March..not a lot of deep water so it reacts to Temps too...and the gators get lazy.