Options

How do you know when water tank is full?

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hey all,

290 ec 2013. Any way to tell when the water tank is full without opening hatch and looking at it?

Thanks in advance.

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Well, I see a lot of people fill it until the water comes back out of the fill or vent.  I typically look at the tank when I fill, but mine is very simple to see in the cabin area.  You have a 2013, does your gauge not work?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    What gauge?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can hear it gurgle as it gets close to fill. Or let it overflow, no harm.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    There should be a gauge at your panel, one button for fresh water tank and another for the waste tank.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    Yes, as ODNT said, it should be a round gauge near your electrical panel with LED lights when you push the button.  It helps, but depends on where the sensor are located on your tank.  Once you know where they are on the tank, you can figure out about how much more you need. (assuming you have the outside mounted sensors on the tank).

• Options
    Thanks. I haven't seen this gauge. I'll look for it this weekend. Thanks.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, the gauge is just a digital display that only works when you push the button for fresh or waste levels.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

And they are about as accurate as your kid telling you where he was for the previous few hours!  If you have a way to look at the tanks visually, that is the best.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Also if you do not have your panel lights turned on the gage will not work.

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    hmmm, mine work fine without the panel lights off.  & Tony, I'd like to add a bit to your comment about accuracy.  As long as you know where each of the sensor are placed on the tank, it is extremely accurate.  Meaning, if it is at or above that sensor, it will say it is.  Problem can be, for example, the half tank mark may actually be closer physically on the tank at 2/3.  I use mine for both waste and water all the time.  I do look at the water tank physically though because it is right in my cabin floor with easy access.