Options

Engine Circuit Breaker

kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
Steve D'Antonio is a well regarded marine surveyor.  He mainly works on diesels so I'm not sure if the attached post refers to gasoline engines or not.  Anyone know where the circuit breaker on a Mercruiser engine is?  

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a Mercruiser it’s under the flame arrestor cover on top of the engine. And it’s a 50 amp. (I stole the pic from @J3ff)

2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, so now, is that what a working one looks like?? still cant find the answer.. 
  • Options
    Alswagg said:
    Basically there are two different styles regarding Mercruiser engines. The one with Red button located on most engines, atop the intake manifold, near the starter relay, the current style is a Flag type that is easily tripped and reset able via a push button.   This is also located atop the intake manifold    Both are 50 amp 
    If the breaker in the above picture is tripped.. would the motor turn over and start for a couple seconds and die? Or would it just not do anything..
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    That's what I thought, oh well.. I've got a motor that will crank and start but only run for a second or two, with no fuel pump priming noise.. guess it's time to look closer at the fuel pump.  Thank you for the help @Alswagg
  • Options
    I didn't really have time to even try to figure out where the fuel pump fuse is. That'll be the first thing I do when getting back to the boat. 

Am I correct in thinking that the noise the motor makes when you turn the key to on (but not start) is the fuel pump priming? 
  • Options
    Alswagg said:
    Have you ever inspected your distributer cap and rotor?    Also the crank position sensor is the “boss” of all other sensors.  If the crank sensor does not show up to work, non of the others know what to do 
    I did look on vessel view mobile, and it didn't show any sensor problems, this was after I cranked it, it ran for 2 second and stalled. I'd assume I would have been getting an alarm or some kind of message. When it did it the first time, there also was no alarm.. really hoping it's this fuel pump fuse