Options

Sad News

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
I hate to do this but I must inform everyone that Alswag has left the forum and all his content has been deleted. We will miss him!!!
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Whahhhhhhht?!?  Why?  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I know for sure about the virus .... and no one can argue this point.
    It is dividing people ... and THAT should be a cause for concern.  We can no longer have our points of view, and just talk.

We should not succumb that way to a virus ....

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    Such a great resource for us all. What a shame. He will be greatly missed 😪
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    It is sad.  Al was the ultimate authority and voice of the professional marine mechanic.  He definitely knew the rinker boat line but he was also quickly triggered on some topics.  He left one time before when a few topics became political.  It almost seems impossible today to have a difference of opinion and not get driven to extremes.  I know i struggle with some topics and for the most part i completely avoid facebook.  I just hope he cools off and decides to come back.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Yes, Al is truly the expert on the Rinker boats and great knowledge on boats in general.  I know he enjoys his family and off-season in the snow at the northern home with snowmobiles.  I sure hope any time that was spent here will just be transferred there as he deserves that quality family time.  It is a shame that the content was deleted as there was a lot of good knowledge transfer there.

@davidbrooks I agree that facebook and all other crap like it just waste your time and life that you'll never get back.  I've never been on any of them, period.  Not even linkedin.  This has been the only forum type chat thing I'm on (& I spend too much time on it too :smile: ).

Best of luck to Al!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Was it from the stupid Omicron thread? I haven't even read that thread. Doesn't matter what side you're on, a forum is a hard place to have a real serious conversation. 

He came back to Facebook so hopefully he'll be back here. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    He was an ultimate authority on all things Rinker. As others have said, I too hope he brings his expertise back to the forum.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he was just having a bad day....I don't think anyone in the thread was disrespectful to anything anyone said really- alternate opinions offered and certainly disagreements were stated but to blast out of the forum seems a bit extreme- also his choice and we all lost for sure. I like my opinions challenged, makes me think a little deeper. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to know PM me but you may not want to know. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I think any of us can take what happened...so please just throw it out there if you can. And then we will be done with it.  Probably me anyway....did not see him in any "heated" discussions so hopefully just a bad day...
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Guys I only put this up to say thank you to him. Not to speculate what he is thing. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
This discussion has been closed.