Raised area in floor

I have 260 Express Cruiser and am planning to replace the carpet in front of the frig. When I step down into the cabin and look forward there is a very noticable bump in the LH corner at the step up to the table. Is this unique to my boat? Is it common to others? Does anybody know what it is? I would like to understand what it is before I tear up the floor.

Comments

• ItzkenItzken Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Show us some photos?  Often a builder will drop the floor very low to increase your headroom.  Forward in the cabin they may even run out of flat, and lay carpet directly onto the inside of the hull as it rises into the forward vee.  Do not screw anything onto this raised area or you may find the working end of your screw under water.  If indeed you are seeing the inside of the hull shape, carefully removing carpet and gluing a new one down should be pretty straightforward.  Just don't use staples.  
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I Had the same bump on my 270 it’s on the port side right before you step up to the forward platform where the table is .what I did when I tore out the carpet I replaced with Lon seal I used some fiberglass and bongo and built up the area around it so it wasn’t so steep of a bump 
    I’ll see if I have a few pictures 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭