Options

Want to love your Rinker even more? Do a line-by-line comparo against this $1M Sea Ray.

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
Okay, I rounded up (she's "only" $944k) -- but for heaven's sake, she's a bow-rider with less functionality than a Rinker 370.

And she's an ugly boat!  In the video, the marketing team carefully conceals her looks by never showing her for more than one second at a time.  But look at the photos ... she's no super-model.  

Suppose you buy a Rinker 370, and spend $200k to make her this nice.  Then you spend $44k to develop a user manual like what Sea Ray offers.  All in, you would save $600k against the price of this day boat.  

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2022-sea-ray-sundancer-370-ob-7973449/

Comments

• Options
    downunderdownunder Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    that is totally crazy and that is US dollars!!
    i will stick with my 2001 340 fv
    Polaris made a huge error when they bailed, still gets me upset!!
    is there any possibility of Rinker being reborn or relaunched?
    there still is a Rinker site.

"festina lente" - 2001  340 FV
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Over priced but I don't think it's ugly
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Almost $250K in outboards. Totally overpriced I think it's ugly as sin
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I'm not saying it's a bad boat.  But compared to my boat (same LOA), this SR has less of everything I like.  Less cabin space.  No swim platform or transom seat.  No foredeck dance floor.  No icemaker.  No enclosed master stateroom.  

And, of course, big ugly outboards jutting out from the transom.  Outboards can uglify any boat.  

But the outboards provide great fuel economy, right?  Nope.  It's the same as I get with twin 496s, although the SR has a slightly higher top speed.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, each to their own as far as the outboards and day time boat with bow rider.  But, that price is crazy!! 
    I have a friend that bought the new Regal last year, I believe 33 or 35ish, with the outboards.  They've anchored out with us a few times last year.  Definitely a nice boat, lots of gadgets (that could break) like the bed that slides down in the bow (or up for more space) and rear transom seat slides out for more cockpit space (let me tell you, it's a bear to walk across the platform when it is slid back).  I'm sure they paid a lot for it and it definitely did not compare in space to any 310 or larger Rinker.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea the depreciation curve on that SR will make your S5 look like a prudent investment!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Input costs, transport costs obviously have gone up a lot.

Buut, I think Brunswick Corp is capitalizing a bit on the current market. I'm sure there would be a pretty tidy sum of profit if it sold at full retail.

Remember Brunswick owns Bayliner too - so they know how to get away with 'cheap' behind the scenes.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Well, if I was going to blow 944 Boat Units to buy a brand-new boat, I'd get this 45-foot beauty, which has more of everything I like.  Diesels, 14' beam, hydraulic swim platform, two enclosed staterooms, two heads, and ... drum roll please ... a tender garage.  A FREAKING TENDER GARAGE!  

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2021-fairline-targa-45-gt-7269464/

• Options
    There's a Fairline Targa 45 in the slip across from me.  It is gorgeous.  The tender garage is useless, though (too small for anything).  Also, I don't think you can stand at the helm without the sunroof open.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea, you have the money so do it!
  • Options
    walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
    Targa looks way better than the Sea Ray..........but will stick with my good old Rinker. There are a few Sealine 34 in my marina’s that are lovely inside but a bit like a pope mobile on the outside 😃
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    In that price range I would go for a used Aquila 44
  • Options
    In the used market, 944 Boat Bucks almost gets you in the neighborhood of a Cantius 50.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    For 944 boat bucks, well, a nice used 55 Fleming would suit me just fine.  Heck, maybe even a bit larger one. :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cantius 45 Black Diamond is my life goal. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcmpete said:
    In that price range I would go for a used Aquila 44
    That looks like a much better choice!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so poor....
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Was at the NY Boat Show today and what a disappointment - in at 11 and done by 3. Center consoles, day boats (big bow rider with an apology for below deck) and a couple of pontoons. No trawlers or express cruisers like before except 1 cruiser - a Cruisers Cantius 43 for show price just over $1M. Nice vessel.

The Formulas apart from being overpriced and under equipped (IMO) and as @YYZRC noted, not able to stand at helm with sunroof closed.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to go to the shows in Florida
  • Options
    pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Miami Boat show is in a couple of weeks time,  just sayin……
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for anyone who has highly leveraged financing for some of these boats, that are imo, waaay overpriced (think profiteering) ....they will not hold their value relative to these inflated purchase prices and owners could be stuck with upside down mortgages/payments. There may be a feast on the horizon for purchasers of used boats.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Heck, maybe I'll even get back into it!  Just have to overcome my PTSD of boat maintenance. LOL.
    Post edited by MarkB on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB.....ain't that the truth!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I have always wanted to go to the Miami Boat Show. Love Miami and I get to see boats (ships) with designs where cost had nothing to do with it.