1999 FV 242 Nav Lights

JohnChurchillJohnChurchill Member Posts: 6
New boat to me, was a repo, PO went to jail and couldn't pay mechanic's bill.
Came without the bimini (as well as the door to the head).
The white stern/anchor light seems like it was mounted on the bimini.  I have a pair of wires exiting a small clamshell outboard next to helmsman.
I see no other/prior arrangement, so assume this was from the factory.
I plan on replacing the bimini, but wondering if there are other options for the light.

Also, what is the normal head door?  I was thinking replacing with a piece of starboard.

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Maybe the PO removed the head door to get accustomed to people watching him do his business?

FWIW the head door in my 2000 Four Winns was wood with laminate.  Starboard would probably work but would be heavy and the larger sizes tend to warp somewhat in my experience.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same boat and year .yes the light is mounted on the bimini and those are the wires for it I can measure the doorYYZRC  is right wood with the laminate on both sides with a mirror on the cabin side )for you but not till the weather breaks ,also I have a big 3 ring binder with all the info on the boat I got from the previous owner I can make a copy of it if you need anything 
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Great Lakes Skipper a call. They might have the original door in stock.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/
    2008 330EC
  • JohnChurchillJohnChurchill Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, I will call them.  I measured mine today, so I know what to look for. 18" x 58" x 3/4"