Kohler 5EKD generator fuel pump module leaking

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
I have to replace the fuel pump module($647.59) in my 5EKD because the gasket has small fuel leak, but the module still in great condition, so I wonder what material should be the best to use to make a new gasket to the repair of the fuel pump to keep it as spare part for the future. The original gasket is 1/16" thickness, so should i use the same thickness or go higher to 1/8" for the new gasket. I called Kholer, but they don't t sale any repair part for the pump. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thx.

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭✭
    Take that gasket to a good auto parts store or shop and get the material matches or equivalent and then trace and cut. In my area I would use NAPA but not sure what you have locally. 

There is liquid gasket in a tube that might work. Hard to say without feeling the material. 

Worth a shot at spending maybe $10 and some time before you drop $600
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base gasket material is not the concern. The silicone or viton seal portion is (the trace lines you see). Those are what do the sealing when compressed. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base gasket material is not the concern. The silicone or viton seal portion is (the trace lines you see). Those are what do the sealing when compressed. 
    I agree, maybe find a sheet of fuel safe silicone or rubber material. Or use a thicker gasket material with a good fuel safe sealant.
    2008 330EC
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    Can the silicone or viton seal portion add to the gasket during installation?
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1: short answer: no.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI