Options

Oil change extractor 6.2 liter. 2013

MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
I tried to use my flat motor driven oil extractor on my 6.2 liter engine and I couldn't get the small plastic tube down far enough to extract any oil. I used it last year on my 5.0 Liter boat. Anyway is there some thing I need to know Is there another oil extractor on the market that works . How about the one mercruiser sells that screws on the dipstick

Comments

• Options

I didn't see a hose connected to the drain plug like on my other mercruisers.  some were even connected to the drain plug, that isn't the case withthis one.  I have also seen the hoses snapped into a holder on the inside of the transom.

I appreciate the information as usual thanks Al

• Options

Is there a hose that goes to the bottom on the engines for oil extraction.  I had one on my 342 and they were mounted on the inside of the engine compartment on the transom.  I have a 2013 260 now.  If so where is it mounted on the 260.

Thanks

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    If its like my 2013 350 MAG ECT there is no hose to the drain plug, but the dipstick has a fitting to connect the an oil extractor unit to.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options

Thanks Al I will take a look for it tonight. 

Thanks Mike

• Options
    I found a hand pump for changing oil in Mercruiser in my garage from1999.  It worke fine.  I was very pleased.  Case closed