Options

Hatch stopped working

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
While changing plugs I pulled the hatch up/down asy to get it out of the way. Did not shove it around, can't imagine enough to pull any wires loose...?

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    On mine, the usual suspect is the plug at the hatch motor.  Unplug and check for corrosion.
  • Options
    Plug? I did not see a plug or connector..must be up in the harness..maybe I pulled it lose..
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    I'm talking about the connector at the bottom of the actuator, a few inches away from the motor (down in the bilge).  Try unplugging and replugging it a few times.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    My problem was a bad DC neg connection on the back of the transom 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    I'm talking about the connector at the bottom of the actuator, a few inches away from the motor (down in the bilge).  Try unplugging and replugging it a few times.

It was end of the day and a quick look did not see any connectors..but their is loom and the wires are not exposed. It worked fine with no issues, I moved it for access and must have pulled it loose....I hope!
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    My problem was a bad DC neg connection on the back of the transom 
    So how the heck did you figure that out!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @rasbury the hatch would only go up (very slowly) about 3 inches but would come down pretty easy. I used a jump pack and it went up pretty quickly. So I knew it was a wiring problem.  While in the ER I noticed how corroded the negative block looked so I cleaned all the connections. After that the hatch worked perfectly. Note: it was the last wire on the right for the hatch. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury I replaced my neg block this winter and about 4 of the wires just fell apart when touched. This is a great place to start.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Mine as I said worked fine until I moved it to lay down on that side to get to the plugs...I am hoping I just pulled a wire...
  • Options
    It was the connection on one wire pulled apart. Kind of curious as it did not for sure  look like what I would would hooe the oem connection would look like...any way..back to working. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    .....first sign of erratic behaviour involving electrics I go straight to the ground wires which has saved me a lot of time and money. Not just corrosion but loose screws on panel backs, behind the dash and the dreaded blocks.
  • Options
    Yes Michael, we always jump to the worst case scenario when often a group d or corrosion issue...I had moved the whole asy and my first thought was a pulled wire out of the motor which would not have been good so I got lucky!