Options

ugh...B3 cone clutch back-ordered

boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
need a new cone clutch but shop says they can't find one. i looked online myself and all say out of stock....ugh

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    I sent a drive for repair in September.  I think they are still waiting for parts.  
  • Options
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    When i called George at All American to make sure he was still in business he told me that the replacement parts for outdrives were all backordered.  5-6 month lead times in most cases.  He told me that i literally would need to pay for the parts 6 months ahead of when i sent the drive to be repaired.  There was such a demand for new outdrives that all the parts were going to boat manufacturers. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Yeah, it's bad.  My $6000 asset has been sitting in his shop for six months.  I wish he could get it fixed and sold.  
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet Alswagg has one

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    😆😆

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Al.  lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    When i called George at All American to make sure he was still in business he told me that the replacement parts for outdrives were all backordered.  5-6 month lead times in most cases.  He told me that i literally would need to pay for the parts 6 months ahead of when i sent the drive to be repaired.  There was such a demand for new outdrives that all the parts were going to boat manufacturers. 
    Well dam, I got my brand new B3 12 months ago? Forget when.. timing is everything..
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    yeah. Wish I had got mine fixed last year when I first noticed it. Looking like it'll go back together as is and will limp it through again this year
  • Options
    I spoke to George today.  He was able to get a few B3 gearsets, so he can finish my repair and sell my drive.  He has buyers lined up to purchase any drives that aren't going back to their owners.  

@boatman37 maybe that's a signal that parts will start trickling back into the supply chain.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, mine just finished today the full drive service (minus gear lube since I do that in the fall).  Alignment looked great!  It's tough paying that $1k bill just to get it all checked, but as the admiral says, it's a lot cheaper than finding out something's not right in the middle of the summer!  I knew I married the right woman!! :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Talked to the shop today. He called a large OD service place he knows and they have a bunch of cone clutches ordered so he will try to get one from them if it shows up. He also ordered a few for his inventory but has no idea when they might arrive
  • Options
    Talked to the shop yesterday. He spoke with a friend of his that has a big shop in FL and he had a few cone clutches on order but he isn't sure if they will be on his next shipment. If they are he is supposed to send one up here for my guy to put in mine. But either way I'm taking the boat to him on 5/13 so he can check the shift cable and anything else and also put the OD back on