Options

270 to a 410?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @J3ff at that price, I would definitely look further into it. Seems like a great project boat that you will be able to live on while you work on it. I know you’ve been looking for a bigger boat to live on for a while now. I think once you see the engines, it will help make your decision. Off the bat, I noticed the port side port light is leaking water and the water stains on the galley floor are most likely from the freezer defrosting and possibly the hatch or sink leaking. The cockpit cushions are faded but seem to be still useable, a vinyl spray paint would take care of them and make them look like new. They could just need a good cleaning, hard to tell from the pics.

If the engines are in good condition, @Rando3113 would be all over that!! 😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    With the sale of your 270, that money will bring the 410 up to pristine shape! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,546 mod
    Look at all the water stains in the cabin ... I'm thinking hurricane boat.  Use extreme caution.
  • Options
    @LaRea
    The water stains look to me like they are in common areas to see stains. Refrigerator / sink, hatch and port light. 

We need to see pics of the engine room!!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Also , Scherry Jenkins looks like an honest person in her profile pic (if it’s really her). Doesn’t hurt to get more information @J3ff .
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    A healthy 410 is worth $140k to $160k.  A list price of $20k means it doesn't run and has too many problems to fix.  
  • Options
    @J3ff might have a diamond in the rough! Get more pics and info @J3ff !
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Hope to check it out when she responds. If the motors don't work... I highly doubt she'll get 20k for it .. nobody wants a non running boat down here with how much they cost to dock...

Straight inboards is nice.. and I would "live" on this one, the same as I'm "living" on the 270... would probably spend more time on it. 

If the motors don't work or need heavy work. I might actually be interested in just towing it to my marina and set it up as a liveaboard... hmmm 

What would your offers be for non-running or hardly running? Is 20k acceptable for assuming just the hull is good? 
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    "... this boat needs quite a bit of TLC, both mechanically and cosmetically ..."

Don't get me wrong - for $20k, it's worth saving.  You won't find an undamaged 410 hull for less than $20k, so forget about negotiating price.  From the pix, it looks like a Bravo 3 shifter binnacle, so you'd have to assume the outdrives are shot and transoms are leaking.  That's $40k before you even look at the engines.  

It would make a GREAT floating condo!  Tow it, replace the canvas, reupholster the cockpit seating, replace the appliances, you're in a nice condo for $40k.  
  • Options
    Well, someone seems to have beat me to it!! She did say it will need to be towed. 
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 207 ✭✭
    At that price can't imagine it would last long.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    "... this boat needs quite a bit of TLC, both mechanically and cosmetically ..."

Don't get me wrong - for $20k, it's worth saving.  You won't find an undamaged 410 hull for less than $20k, so forget about negotiating price.  From the pix, it looks like a Bravo 3 shifter binnacle, so you'd have to assume the outdrives are shot and transoms are leaking.  That's $40k before you even look at the engines.  

It would make a GREAT floating condo!  Tow it, replace the canvas, reupholster the cockpit seating, replace the appliances, you're in a nice condo for $40k.  
    If it has the I/O's I'd be pretty opposed to buying it. While mine has been fine for 13 months at a time...it isn't a good long term plan..
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    $20K just does not seem right in this market. I would be very careful. The guy I bought my boat from is where I keep it for winter storage and he told me in this market I could get what I paid for it in 2007. Needless to say this deal seems too good too be true....... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @J3ff , a good project to flip if minimal work is needed….
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Well, someone seems to have beat me to it!! She did say it will need to be towed. 
    Guys, he said it's already gone. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    I thought this was in regards to if it runs or not
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I'm number 2 in line. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think 2 engines vs. 1 ... that is mostly a good thing (being able to handle the boat)!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    To remove those engines both front and rear floor sections will have to come out, big job, ask me how i know
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great boat though.....lottery money needed for me to have it....
  • Options
    It would have been really nice to live on and man... even if you had to drop 40k into it..would have been worth it!! Although if it was bravo 3's that would be a nightmare... 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Officially gone. Dam. Just a few hours too slow..
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Oh man. Not that I'd pay this price..but this one just popped up

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/505156410988277/

• Options
    @J3ff that’s really nice. 
    I don’t think the asking price is high for that boat.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Take a look here 
    Sounds like your guy is motivated, make him a offer if you like it!

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats-for-sale/make-marine-trader/model-36/
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Looks like he had it listed at one point other than Facebook.

@J3ff a ton more pictures here.

https://moreboats.com/boats/marine-trader/36-europa/421468
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I think @J3ff went to go look at the trawler! 😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @J3ff are you on your way to do the Great Loop??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    It would have been really nice to live on and man... even if you had to drop 40k into it..would have been worth it!! Although if it was bravo 3's that would be a nightmare... 
    That would have been a great boat. If my funds weren’t tied up in a flip house, I would have considered buying it and transporting her up north. She would do great on Lake Michigan. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Whoever buys it better have time on their hands, and a thick wallet.   :)