Options

Which Sunbrella blue / Factory Bimini top color of my Rinker Fiesta Vee 242 built 2001

FJ96FJ96 Member Posts: 30
Hi all,

I plan to create an extention for my bimini in order to be able to use the aft bench, when the canvas is closed.
My FV 242 is built in 2001. Does anybody know which blue from Sunbrella they ususally used? It is not a totally dark blue but neither a very light blue.

For sunbrella i find pacific blue (lighter), ocean blue (medium light) and marine blue (darker blue).

I do not have a foto here at hand so does anybody know which color the usually have used in 2001?

Cheers
Frank
Frank / Fiesta Vee 242 2001 / 5.0 EFI / Germany

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can get a sample from Sunbrella or the company you’re going to order from?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yes. Thanks!

That would be possible. But I'd like to order this week. For me it looks like it is the color "marine blue"

I guess they used no a lot of different hues within one production year, maybe even the same across different models of the Fiesta Vee range...

Maybe somebody know...
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that “captain navy” was/is the most popular blue canvas used. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Thanks. Could be "captain navy", too...
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is dark/Navy blue then I'd agree on Captain Navy. I had a 2001 310 FV with Navy Blue canvas and it was Captain Navy. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    https://www.sailrite.com/Sunbrella-Sample-Color-Card   
    It’s $10 but might be worth it to get a good color match. 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget even if you get he exact it will have faded so new will be a darker shade.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Navy would be the OEM color from Ameritex using Sunbrella fabrics. I had a top made for my 98 232cc, which was before Ameritex started making the tops, and it was a Mediterranean blue tweed which was a nice color match for the boat. If I was to go custom made, I would consider it again for my 280. If Ameritex ever freaking opens again… 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Hi!

Just wanted to give the feedback with regards to the color: It was captain navy!
    After 20 years it looks different, but you can see it at the inside parts, which are not facing the sunlight, that it was this color.

Buidling the bimini extention went well and we'll replace the old parts after the season.
    Then everything is new and looks the same.

Cheers
    Frank