Options

587 miles under the keel

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
I just completed the Florida mini-loop of 587 miles and 501 gallons of gasoline in 7 days trip. It was a very interested trip going up north to the middle of Florida, cruising from east to west thought the lake Okeechobee and then south back to the Florida keys. The boat did excellent just a fault trim tap actuator. 

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of wildlife on that trip
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a great trip.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW @oscar1 cool trip!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1 you should post a separate thread with pictures if you have the time. I never realized that you could get to Lake Okeechobee from either coast!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s awesome @oscar1 ! Did you bring the furry family members with you??
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    What an awesome trip!  Not sure 7 days would be long enough, but I'm sure it was fun!  My father used to live in Cape Coral and was captain of the big paddle wheel boat that ran out of Ft Myers.  He would take it up thru the channels into Okeechobee.  He also helped captain boats over to the Ft. Lauderdale show.  He said it was definitely an interesting route going thru the middle of FL.  That would be a really neat trip.  Post some pictures if you have them. Where was your last stop before Key West?  Naples, or did you fuel up further south?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Sounds like a cool trip. 
    ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives , 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Now you are ready to make the crossing to Bimini! 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 did you have a heart attack when you read 500 gallons?!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome trip, I'm very jealous. There are a couple of neat routes like that and I've done none of them. I would not call that through the central part of the state. From sanford I can launch in the st johns, go up to Jacksonville and go into the intracoastal,  go bank south and be 45 mins from moy house. I believe there is another waterway system out of lake Okeechobee going north that connects up to Jacksonville also...when you see FL from the air, another more water than land it seems!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    @Handymans342 did you have a heart attack when you read 500 gallons?!
    I would have burned half of that
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    I will post some pics in the next couples days, the weather was good every morning until 4 pm in the afternoon but we were in our transit slip around 3pm everyday. Lake okeechobee was a littler choppy for my test, but the boat handle the rough lake perfect.  The admiral did the math for the 500 gallos of fuel for a total of $2499.86 dollars. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a big shallow lake so I hear it does kick up pretty quick and nasty!