Options

IPad Mounts

SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
Has anyone mounted their IPad on their dash to be used for navigation? I am thinking of getting the INAVX app with the RAM suction cup mount or cup holder mount. Have not decided yet. I own a 320 and this may be the fix in regard to being able to see the Raymarine C70 GPS/Radar. The Raymarine is located to the lower left and hard to see and work while driving since I stand. Please let me know if anyone is using the IPad and if you like it. Also where you mounted it. Thank you everyone for your continued help.

Comments

• Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I liked that idea and considered it, the the likelihood of moisture destroying it killed the idea
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worked out well for my dinky 212... I use navionics.. total $110 investment, including the vizio tablet..
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Hi Serenity.  I went out and purchased the ram spring-loaded mount, with plans that I would mount the ipad to the dash somehow, and after one season, I still haven't bothered.  i have the otterbox for the ipad.  The back is rubber/silicone, so it provides a bit of grip, and I simply place it on my dash in landscape mode.  my speedometer is non-functional, though I wouldn't care about it anyways.  I also have twins, so I block my starboard tach.  On my gps and ipad, speed is displayed a lot more accurately than any tube-type speedometer, and the rpms don't mean much too me compared to the sync gauge.  If I can see my port tach and the sync gauge is midline, than I am running the same in the starboard (give or take, but the same for these trips when I need the ipad).  
    I don't have a pic of it up there, sorry.  Doesn't slide around at all on my dash.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Hi Gary,

I looked into the rubber case but the Bay here gets snotty and I do not want the IPad bouncing to the floor. Thank you and I did consider it. I am going to go with the suction cup mount. I saw a video which the Ram double suction cup mount was placed on a sliding door. Then 2- 24 packs of soda were hung from it. I know it is 2 suction cup mounts but the IPad is no where near the weight of the soda and it will not be hanging vertical.

I will post pictures when I get it. Thank you.

• Options
    Robyw1Robyw1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I use the RAM mount system. I can mount the ipad or the phone.