Options

@TikiHut2 Updated post?

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take a look at @TikiHut2 ‘s post on the first page of the sunset thread. How was it updated??

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/1222/lets-see-your-best-sunset-pics/p1
2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Very strange, I went back to look again and the updated post wasn’t there. It was a picture of the Ukrainian flag and said “No War”. Wish I took a screen shot!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was linked to a photo that link may have changed 🤔
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    If it was linked to a photo that link may have changed 🤔
    I just looked again and it was back!!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see the flag image (I get a dead image link icon) but the link I can extract from the icon does go back to a service called "imageshack.com" - so we'll probably need to wait for @TikiHut2 to respond to know for sure if he still uses that service or otherwise.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Personal opinion or political comment removed.
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,473 admin
    @TonyG13 Tiki was a guy named Mike and he has passed. Don't think he will be responding.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man. Sad news. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    @TonyG13 Tiki was a guy named Mike and he has passed. Don't think he will be responding.....
    Sad. But now it makes sense why we are seeing different images on his old links. To save drive space photo services will sometimes reuse assigned photo numbers after deleting old accounts. A few months ago I had someone asking me for pricing and releases for a photo - but I didn't take it. Got more info from the requestor and Getty images was reassigning some new images with old numbers - and one of mine got crossed up in the mix.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    raybo3 said:
    Mike passed away???? Dam!  I met him a few times down in Florida! When and how??

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Someone posted that back in 2013. I did not know him personally 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was on Facebook
  • Options
    I hope I am wrong and if I am I am sorry for saying he passed. But I am almost positive that someone said he passed. He was on the forum more than you and me combined so why would he just stop like that? Like I said, hopefully I am wrong...
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if he was on the Rinker Facebook groups? 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He dropped of posting once he sold his 270.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    I hope I am wrong and if I am I am sorry for saying he passed. But I am almost positive that someone said he passed. He was on the forum more than you and me combined so why would he just stop like that? Like I said, hopefully I am wrong...
    He's alive and well. My wife is friends with his wife on facebook. They have posts together from just days ago.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited May 2022
    MarkB said:
    raybo3 said:
    He's alive and well. My wife is friends with his wife on facebook. They have posts together from just days ago.
    That’s great news @MarkB !! 
    Let him know we said hello and we were worried about him!! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I'll ask my wife to message his wife.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is great news...he was my "mentor" on my purchase and seemed just like a super fellow and his love of boating and knowledge was great to pull from. He should join back up, we can use his experience. I guess some just move onto something else with out a thought but I thought him a pretty avid boater. Great to hear for sure...